MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beauty Blog Touts The Low-Carb Lifestyle


Christina Jones extols the virtues of shunning sugar

You never know who is reading your blog sometimes, so it's nice to find out someone else thinks highly of the work you are doing. But of all the places in the world that would say nice things about my blog, the very last place I would think of is a beauty blog. But that's EXACTLY what happened today at eBeauty Daily.

The author of that blog is the gorgeous 38-year old beauty Christina Jones who has been blogging since this technology first came online many years ago. Her amazing eBeauty Daily blog is part of the b5media family of blogs.

Married with three children, Christina likes to dibble dabble in a lot of different things to keep herself busy. When she writes, though, you immediately get the feeling like you've known her your whole life. She just writes in that kind of personable style that feels like she's sitting right in front of you in a conversation.

That's what I try to do at my blog, which is why I like to come across someone else who is doing the same thing. Plus, like me, Christina is helping people, too. While mine is on low-carbing and weight loss, she helps people with their beauty needs--something almost as much in demand as weight loss is!

But imagine my surprise today when I noticed she wrote this blog post about my blog and podcast show. COOL! THANKS, Christina!

Here's what she said about the low-carb lifestyle:

"I have been a proponent of a low carb diet from the first time I ever tried it-- breaking that craving for sugar/carbs was every bit as horrid as quitting smoking. Well, darned near that bad. With withdrawals that are that bad, I have NO doubt that sugar must be truly awful for your body. And mine. Of course, I am sucked right in to a sugar addiction at the moment--the worst thing for me to give up is milk. I LOVE milk, and always have. Way too much."

Yep, that's a struggle we all must eventually go through, Christina. But it IS possible to kick your addiction to sugar and carbohydrates. In fact, you might want to check out my friend Connie Bennett's new book entitled SUGAR SHOCK!: How Sweets And Simple Carbs Can Derail Your Life--And How You Can Get Back On Track!. Connie spent years researching and interviewing the biggest names in health to publish the quintessential book on the dangers of sugar. You MUST check out this book, I KNOW it will help you. :)

After FOXNews.com featured my blog as one of the top health sites a couple of months back, Christina decided to check it out. I think she liked it!

"I discovered another blog and podcast that haven't been around for too long, but have been getting amazing traffic--the Livin' La Vida Low Carb blog and podcast by Jimmy Moore. I have been reading the blog a bit, but listened to the podcast today for the first time, and it's interesting--Jimmy is quite lively and the podcast is long enough to give valuable info, and short enough so you aren't stuck listening for what seems like forever. Good stuff, check it out if you haven't."

WOW, what a GREAT endorsement from a blogger I never would have thought would be attracted to a blog and podcast show like mine. :D THANKS, Christina! I've worked very hard to provide quality information for my readers and listeners and appreciate your review. I'm grateful for your support and hope you will keep coming back to read my columns and listen to my new podcast episodes. We'll keep cranking them out!

But, Christina is struggling to find a weight loss plan.

"Tell me what you are doing to shed those unwanted pounds," she wrote in her blog soliciting reader recommendations. "I am shopping around for something that works--cause I need it!"

I couldn't resist posting this comment at her blog about her dilemma which then sparked this reply from Christina. I really like the fact that she knows low-carb is how we were "created to eat." YEAH, somebody actually "gets" it! That makes my day, Christina!

But now it's time to DO IT! No more excuses about why you can't because you KNOW you can. Get started on it and then stay on it forever and ever amen. It's the best decision I ever made in my entire life that very well could add many more years to my 35 years on this planet. It's all because I'm livin' la vida low-carb, baby!

Now, I do have a beauty question for you about all this loose, hanging, excess skin in my abdomen and inner thighs. Any thoughts about how to deal with that short of surgery to remove the skin? I'm serious about your professional opinion because this is my beauty dilemma right now. THANKS for any help you can give me. :)

Send Christina Jones YOUR beauty questions anytime by e-mailing her. And check out her comprehensive eBeauty Daily web site for lots of tips and information about various aspects of beauty. You gotta LOVE the pink!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Aren't you a doll - thanks SO much for all the super kind comments about all the things I do. I appreciate it so much. I am getting serious, and thanks to you have already found my speedy low carb hookup at Kimkins.com. Thanks for all you do, Jimmy, and again, best of luck to you. I will be close by and reading and listening!

1/11/2007 9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I eat sugar my adult acne comes back. Last summer I allowed myself one dessert per day while on vacation (stuck to low-carb other than this) and by the end of the week my acne was starting to break out.

And it took much longer than one week to get rid of it!

1/12/2007 1:34 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

About your skin - that is mostly a time issue - it probably won't ever be perfect without surgery though, unfortunately - but it will get better with time. Body shaping and firming products are the super hot thing this year, you might find one or two and give them a try and see if they help. Lots of them are high end, but the lower end product lines will no doubt be following suit soon. I am waiting for those myself. ;)

1/12/2007 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home