MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Big Picture Focus Needed During Weight Loss

My weight has sorta hit the brakes in recent weeks hovering right around the 220-pound mark in my "30-In-30" Low-Carb Weight Loss Challenge. I'm not sure what's going on, although I did have another bout with a cold about a week or so ago that kept me away from the gym for several days in a row. Like I said before, I'm not gonna let this ruin all the hard work I've invested to get where I am today--heck, I've STILL lost 190 pounds overall, which is no small feat. So, let me be straight with you--I'm NOT discouraged! :)

While I haven't lost much weight in recent months, that also means I haven't gained weight either, so I consider that progress. One of the things I don't like about the new weight loss tool I recently told you about called "The Google 15" is that they consider ZERO weight loss a bad thing.

The message reads "Danger! You are moving away from your weight loss goal!" Um, call me a stickler, but isn't ZERO a neutral number--as in NO weight loss and NO weight gain? So why is ZERO such a bad thing within the context of weight loss?

Sure, the goal is to actually bring the scale down and lose weight, but why do we berate ourselves when we experience a steady week? We use phrases like "I've stalled" or "I guess I've hit a plateau" as if these are inherently bad things that are devastating to us.

Come on, people! Aren't there better things to worry about?!

Even a slight weight GAIN is not the end of the world. When you think about this weight loss journey as a continuing timeline that will last for the rest of your long and healthy life, then a silly little gain or zilch weight loss in a week isn't gonna ruin everything you've done to get where you are today.

Read more about why people need to keep the big picture when it comes to eating right and living healthy by visiting the "30-In-30" blog.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Exactly Jimmy!

Maybe people don't understand what it's like to live in a body that for years, piled on the weight. It felt like you can't stop all the weight coming.

A stall is better than gaining weight back!

Great work Jim! You are always an inspiration with your weight loss!

1/16/2007 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home