MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ditching The Diet From Your Dictionary

I want to focus on the subject of "diet" for just a moment. I don't think it's any coincidence that the first three letters of that word are D-I-E! LOL! If you've ever been on one, then you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

But people who have read about my low-carb weight loss success know that I absolutely ABHOR the use of that word. Not that I don't appreciate that it was the Atkins DIET that I used to lose my weight. It worked VERY well for me and I am now 190 pounds lighter because of it. I don't regret going on that diet one bit.

Yet it is not because of the diet itself, but rather the commitment to making this way of eating my permanent choice for life. This is such a foreign concept to so many people who desire weight loss and improved health. All they see is the immediate problem and a diet seems to help them get from Point A to Point B the fastest so they can get back to the normal lives again.

WE MUST END THIS MADNESS!!!

Kissing your diet goodbye forever is the first step in the journey that people need to commit themselves to before they proceed any further. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disappointment even before you begin.

Click here to read the rest of my dissertation on ditching the diet from your dictionary!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Daron said...

I've gotten a lot of flack for the name of my blog, "Big Daddy D's Low-Carb Diet and Recipes" (lowcarbohydrate.blogspot.com). People keep preaching that it is "not a diet but a lifestyle". They ask what I'll do when I reach my goal. I don't know where the concept came from that says anything called a "diet" is temporary. Diet simply means a way of eating. If I was to say that I was on a vegitarian diet, you wouldn't ask for how long. If I was a ciliac and on a gluton free diet, you'd not ask for how long. It's all just semantics.

2/21/2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Scott Kustes said...

Good stuff Jimmy! That's why I like to call it a high-performance nutrition plan. Diet has too many negative connotations even though the dictionary definition is simply something along the lines of "the food and drink habitually consumed."

2/21/2007 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home