MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, February 09, 2007

Gonna Slow Down A Bit, But I'm Still Here

Hey there all you faithful "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog readers. I just wanted to write a quick note to explain a couple of things that are coming up over the next few weeks that may prevent me from blogging as much as I would like to.

First, I am going to be on a weekend men's retreat with my church tonight and all day Saturday to recharge my batteries spiritually while taking a bit of a break from my day-to-day activities. It's been a while since I've done something like this, so I am very much looking forward to it. There will be some big guys on the trip who need to hear about livin' la vida low-carb, so I'll be all-too-eager to share my story. Pray that they will be receptive to the positive message.

Second, my future brother-in-law (who is set to marry my wife Christine's sister later this year) will be coming in this weekend as the answer to a longstanding prayer request. You may recall I blogged about needing repairs on my roof a few months back. Well, it just so happens that's what he does for a living and we finally have enough money saved up to get the job done.

However, as you may already realize, roofing is not a one-man job. So, I'll be out there helping him along with some very kind people from my church who will be volunteering their time and energy to help us get a new roof, possibly some rebuilt rafters, several brand new ceilings areas where water damage has made them stain and even fall through, and a new kitchen floor. It's a LOT of work that needs to be done and the two-year nightmare is finally coming to an end.

With that said, most of my days and some evenings will be spent helping get all of this work done. My soon-to-be brother-in-law will take a couple of days off for Valentine's Day to go see my sister-in-law, but he'll be right back here helping us get the work done on our house until the job is completed--ideally by the end of February and maybe into the first part of March.

What will that mean for my blogs and podcast show? Well, time away to work on my home will mean I must budget my time accordingly with what I write about here. If I can only get in one blog post per day, then I'll try to make it a good one and be happy with that. When the opportunity arises that I can do more than that, then I most certainly will. But I'm just letting you know ahead of time why you may not hear as much from me in the coming weeks.

You may be interested in knowing that there are some VERY exciting things coming in March for me, including TWO radio interviews in the Los Angeles and Atlanta markets, being filmed for an upcoming documentary that will air nationwide about obesity, and a trip to Reno, Nevada for a convention that will be shown on HGTV where I will attempt to do some remote podcasting (you may see me say, "Hi, Mom!" on there! LOL!). I'll blog more about all of these things soon, but that's enough of a teaser to pique your interest for now! :)

Also, you may have noticed I "cleaned up" my blog last night. On the advice of someone who I love and respect for her opinions on a variety of subjects, I decided to streamline a lot of the information you used to see on my blog. I get so caught up in providing fresh content, that I neglect the way the blog looks sometimes. Hopefully, the new look will help you find what you are looking for without overwhelming you with too much razzle dazzle.

I've never pretended to know ANYTHING about web site design or graphics. I'm a writer and I leave that artistry HTML stuff to the experts. I'll gladly accept any professional assistance with graphics and layout anytime, so don't hesistate to contact me. THANK YOU to everyone who has sent feedback about how to make my blog better and I sincerely appreciate all of your comments because it means you have taken a vested interest in seeing me succeed. What more could a blogger ask for from his devoted readers?

Sure, I'm gonna slow down a bit in the next couple of weeks, but I'm still here and ready to serve you in any way that I can. You can e-mail me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net and share any questions, comments, gripes (I can't imagine you having any, but...HA!), compliments, or concerns. I'll be happy to read what you have to say and respond accordingly.

Just in case I haven't said it lately to you, THANK YOU! Your presence in my life through this blog is a blessing beyond anything I could have ever imagined when I started it in April 2005 after losing 180 pounds in 2004. Keep telling others about the amazing benefits of livin' la vida low-carb and that this blog can be a safe haven for them loaded with lots of encouragement, education, and inspiration for their low-carb life. God bless you and keep you in all that you do!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home