MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Get Your FREE Atkins Advantage Bar Today


The new Atkins Advantage Caramel bars are my personal fave

Have you tried an Atkins Advantage bar lately from Atkins Nutritionals? If not, then you may be oblivious to the fact that the formulation has changed and it's for the BETTER. Much better than they used to be if you ask me. These healthy low-carb protein bars are now a delicious and nutritious snack for those times when you need some low-carb nourishment during your hectic and busy lifestyle.

In fact, just last Sunday when I was on the set of the upcoming George Clooney movie "Leatherheads" as an extra, guess what I brought along with me to tide me over until our break for lunch? Yep, it was a couple of Atkins Advantage bars because they are so convenient and ready-to-eat anytime you feel the hunger pangs calling your name.

Whether it is the original Atkins Advantage bars or the new and oh-so-delicious Atkins Advantage Caramel bars, you can rest assured these bars are the lowest in sugar (only 1g per bar compared with 18g in a Power Bar), highest in protein (a staggering 17g per bar compared with only 8g in the heavily-marketed Slim-Fast bars), and contain more fiber than any other protein bar on the market today (6g per bar compared with nearly ZERO found in the Zone and Balance bars).

As if I haven't given you reason enough already, how about a sweet incentive to try an Atkins Advantage bar for yourself? Would you like to try a FREE BAR?! Yep, you heard me right. You can receive an Atkins Advantage bar at no cost to you compliments of our friends at Atkins Nutritionals. COOL DEAL, huh?!

What's the catch? There isn't one--you REALLY DO get a FREE BAR!

Atkins Nutritionals is so convinced that consumers living a healthy lifestyle will prefer the great taste and superior nutrition of their Atkins Advantage bars compared to any of the other major protein bars on the market today that they want to give you one so you can compare them side-by-side.

Take the Nutrition Challenge and simply share what you currently use as your regular protein bar, a valid e-mail address, and your zip code. That's it!

Once you provide this very minimal information, you will then be taken to a page to print out one of two options to redeem your FREE Atkins Advantage bar--an IMMEDIATE printable coupon that will allow you to Buy One Bar Get One Free OR a downloadable form that you can mail to Atkins Nutritionals for a coupon redeemable for your complimentary bar.

Don't delay on this unique opportunity to get a FREE Atkins Advantage bar because the offer expires on March 31, 2007 and is only limited to the first 10,000 requests. Be sure to write on your redemption form for your FREE bar that you heard about this offer from the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog. :)

In case you missed my exclusive interview with Atkins Nutritionals VP of Nutrition Information and Education Colette Heimowitz last Fall, be sure to read it to see how far Atkins Nutritionals has come enduring through the hardship of a very trying public bankruptcy in 2005 to once again rise to the top of their industry stronger than ever.

3-12-07 UPDATE: After several of you said you were having trouble accessing the FREE Atkins bar coupon, I decided to contact Atkins Nutritionals myself to assist. They said if you have any problems whatsoever in the process, then simply call their toll-free customer service line at 800-6ATKINS and they will gladly mail you a coupon for a free bar. Hopefully this resolves any of the issues you have been dealing with and you get still get the deal as promised. Hurry, though, because it is still limited to the first 10,000 requests and expires on March 31, 2007. THANKS!

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger TESS said...

A word of advice to anyone with webtv. If you try to print the coupon for buy one get one free you can't do it because it requires a computer. I tried and couldn't go back to choose the other option and couldn't sign in again for the free bar by mail because I had already signed in once so....no free bar for me! Hope this will someone else. I believe this falls into the category of Live and Learn!

3/11/2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Sorry that happened to you, Tess. I'll contact Atkins Nutritionals and see if they can do anything for people who run into this problem. THANKS!

3/11/2007 9:02 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Okay, Tess, I heard back from Atkins Nutritionals about this and they said you need to have a computer to run the application that prints the coupon. They advise people to contact the Help Center at Atkins Nutritionals for assistance on obtaining the FREE coupon if you cannot print it out. Hope this helps and THANKS for sharing your experience! :)

3/11/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy, I am so glad you are giving good press to the Atkins bars. Over on thesteaksarehigh blog, there was negative talk about Atkins products containing "white flour and high fructose corn syrup." I thought it was amazing that low carb folks supposedly in the know were slandering a great product with inaccuracies. I've used Atkins products for years, and they've NEVER contained white flour or corn syrup. And that kind of talk can scare off potential buyers. In fact the newer formulations have such a low glycemic load, they are suitable for every diet under the sun!

Thanks Jimmy for your accuracy, as usual, and great blog. Keep up the good work, as usual. I have been a faithful reader for years!

3/11/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for your comments, Sheryl! But I don't think Kate from "The Steaks Are High" blog was making those statements about the Atkins products. She was merely reporting on what was said during the teleconference call she and took part in. Just thought I'd clarify that for you because Kate is an outstanding supporter of Dr. Atkins and his legacy. THANK YOU for your support for the work I am doing here. God bless you!

3/11/2007 5:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy,
I have been doing Atkins for 6 years now, as my sole means of controlling my blood sugar levels, since being diagnosed with type II diabetes in 2001. I agree that Atkins Advantage bars are by far the best, best tasting, most nutritious, most satisfying, and lowest glycemic impact. I love the fact that they have reformulated most of their bars to reduce or eliminate sugar alcohols. I am rather disappointed however, that in this free offer, they have chosen to exclude not only WebTV users, but folks like me who use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer, for security reasons, and because it is a better browser. Although I have IE 6 available, it runs under emulation on my Linux platform, and it crashed when I tried to install the active X plugin to print the coupon. I have a Windows partition, but never allow it to connect to the internet, as it is just too insecure. At any rate, I would not expose my expensive computer to all the spyware and viruses out there just to save $1.50 on an Atkins bar. I have been using Linux exclusively for some time now, and find I can do anything I used to do on Windows, including printing coupons. The only exception occurs when short-sighted corporations, design their sites to work only with IE on the Windows platform. I'm sorry to see that Atkins Nutritionals, a company which in every other way, is on the cutting edge, has in this instance elected to remain in the Dark Ages. Ben

3/11/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Hey Ben... another Linux fan! That's good to hear. I've been using Linux for years on my desktops and server but recently my laptop (bloody Windows, of course...) crashed and now I use exclusively Linux on it, and it's like a low-carb diet... by far superior in every way. If you use KDE, try Konqueror or Iceweasel with the flash plugin loaded - gives me no trouble at all on the Atkins site although I have not tried to print any coupons.

3/12/2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger Nancy Solderitsch said...

Can't print the coupon from an iMac, either.

3/12/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

I tried printing the coupon and my browser gave me an error. Then when I tried to go back it wouldn't give me the option to try again. That being said, I bought a couple of Atkins bars tonight to give a try. I had the Peanut Butter Granola and it was really good! So much better than they used to be. I used to hate the Atkins brand bars.

3/13/2007 1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what..just 1 bar ? what is that gonna do, it's only a buck 69 at trder joe's.... not even worth the time to mess with it... neeeds to be at least a carton of 12 or so...what's up with the greed..?

8/05/2008 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home