MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, March 16, 2007

Grills, Grills, And More Grills At HPBA Expo

Right now at this very moment I am incredibly frustrated with having to write this post. Why? Well, for the past two hours I have been working on a fabulously detailed account of my experience here in Reno, Nevada at the 2007 Hearth, Patio, & Barbecue Association (HPBA) Expo on Thursday. I had the entire blog post written and ready to publish when my new laptop decides to go into "thinking" mode and stayed there for 20 minutes. UGH!

So, the long and short of it is this: I don't have time to rewrite the entire post (and it was a good one!), so I'll have to give you the Cliff's Notes version since I have an appointment for an interview very soon.

Let me start with the interviews: Yep, by popular demand from my podcast show listeners, I am attempting to do more interviews with interesting people in the wonderful world of livin' la vida low-carb. And I've met a few that fit that criteria during my stay in Reno this week, so I can't wait to share them with you.

In fact, I'm gonna tease you with one of the interviews--he's probably the most famous television BBQ expert you've ever heard of and he was gracious enough to spend 10 minutes with me recording an interview on Thursday. Who is it? Put on your thinking caps, folks, because you'll definitely recognize his voice when you hear my interview very soon. He's very well known within grilling circles, though. No more hints, but feel free to guess who you think it is in the comments section below.

Speaking of grilling, man there's a whole lotta grills at this convention. Sheez, I had no idea there were THIS many different models available. But there they are in booth after booth showing all the latest gadgets and gizmos to make that food you cook sizzle! I almost hated to bring my wife Christine on the floor with me because she's been begging for a grill for about two years. It was borderline torture for her, but I promised her we'd get one.

Little did I know that time would come two hours later when we actually WON a grill in a drawing. WOW, how cool is that? I asked my wife if she had been praying for one and she said YES. LOL! II told her to start praying for a million bucks now. Hee hee! Just kidding. Make it TWO million!

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that I have also received a very generous donation of a deluxe grill from one of the members of the HPBA who I will tell you all about very soon. But this grill is not for me, but for one of YOU who are reading my blog. That's right, you will have the opportunity to win a FREE GRILL from "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." WHOA!

There will be other great low-carb prizes like books, resources, and delicious food in the giveaway contest I'll be conducting in April, so be sure to keep reading my blog for more details about how to enter. It's gonna be HUGE!

I hate to have to hurry on this post, but I totally lost everything I had written before and I'm just skimming you the highlights. We were able to go out to dinner last night at a very fancy schmancy restaurant in downtown Reno where I got the most tender and succulent filet mignon steak I've ever put in my mouth. Oh...my...goodness! I could eat that all the time along with the mixed veggies, spinach salad, and almond-encrusted brie. What a meal!

Who says livin' la vida low-carb has to be drab and boring, eh? NOT!

I've got at least two more interviews to conduct today and possibly a third, so my Friday is jam-packed full of activities. Then we'll be flying back home on Saturday afternoon and won't get back to nearly midnight East Coast time Sunday morning. I can't wait to get back to blogging normally on Sunday afternoon (if I'm not too pooped from the trip!) and sharing these amazing interviews and pictures with you in the coming weeks.

THANK YOU so much for your continued devoted readership here at my blog and I encourage you to always and forever stay committed to your low-carb life no matter what you are going through. A lifetime dedication to a plan that you already knows works will keep you fit and trim for the rest of your life. That's what livin' la vida low-carb is all about. SEE YA!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Hey Jimmy I got a new name for you. It's Jimmy the Greek--former grease ball from South Carolina now frequenting Vegas and parading the famous Las Vegas strip with his new found body and spirit. Come one come all and have some barbecue while your here too. Jimmy's no pig anymore.

3/16/2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Freakazoid Freddy said...

The secret griller famous personality is either 1. George Foreman or 2. Bobby Flay. Either one would be trs cool.!

3/16/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Here's my blog Jimmy, I will soon be adding Grasshopper and iPod casts like you. Your a real inspiration Jimmy, Thank You

http://thebunnellfarm.blogspot.com/

They could title us "The Believer" and "The Non-Believer" but the one thing we both believe in for sure is "Health, Happiness and Living", and "for all".

3/16/2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Tom! I added your new blog (YEAH!) to my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" links blog today. I can't wait to hear your podcast! Best wishes to you, my friend!

3/16/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hmm, Freddy. Good guesses, but it's neither one of them.

3/16/2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Nope, not him, Tom! Keep guessing.

3/16/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Thanks Jimmy, it's going to be a real pleasure to finally be getting
the word out about all these drugs and what they have done to all of
us. The reason is what all these drugs keep doing to all of us. Then
it's find solutions in all this, no small task. It's a global situation
and were all in on it. These stimulants, sugar and carbohydrates, are
generally thought of as natures pure and healthy foods rather than the
demons they actually are. It's good to be on board, Thank You.

3/16/2007 9:28 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

The secret griller is the guy you never see all of his face on the other side of the fence, the neighbor to that hardware/tool guy and his family and kids, the comedy.

3/16/2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin M. said...

Jimmy, did you explore what are the prospects for cross-endorsement of low-carb from the HPBA or grill manufacturers? It only makes sense to me that we should pursue relationships with animal-food endorsing groups. I'd be curious to know if there was any talk of this?

3/19/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Actually, Kevin, I don't think they even thought about it before I showed up at this conference representing the low-carb community. In my interview with HPBA spokeswoman Leslie Wheeler, she said the third biggest reason people buy a grill is for "health" reasons which would include people who are livin' la vida low-carb.

Certainly there is room for cross-promotion between the grill companies and the low-carb industry as evidenced by the FREE GRILL that one of them is providing me for my giveaway contest in April.

It's not just animal food endorsing groups, but even vegetable lovers as well. Even still, the most popular grilled items are burgers, chicken, steak and hot dogs.

Be looking for my interviews in the coming weeks on "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore."

3/19/2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Actually, Kevin, I don't think they even thought about it before I showed up at this conference representing the low-carb community. In my interview with HPBA spokeswoman Leslie Wheeler, she said the third biggest reason people buy a grill is for "health" reasons which would include people who are livin' la vida low-carb.

Certainly there is room for cross-promotion between the grill companies and the low-carb industry as evidenced by the FREE GRILL that one of them is providing me for my giveaway contest in April.

It's not just animal food endorsing groups, but even vegetable lovers as well. Even still, the most popular grilled items are burgers, chicken, steak and hot dogs.

Be looking for my interviews in the coming weeks on "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore."

3/19/2007 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home