MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Have You Tried The 'Eat-Like-A-Child' Diet?


Is this the next great weight loss guru to tackle global obesity?

Sometimes we get so caught up in the various complexities of an organized weight loss strategy that we totally forget what really works. Have you ever found yourself in this position? Sure you have and we all have. But constantly reminding yourself of what is most important will keep you on the pathway to the eventual weight loss success that you so desperately desire.

Do you remember that classic book that's been out for over two decades now called All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten by that very wise and observant man named Robert Fulghum. I remember the first time I started reading some of the stories he shared in that book about how most of life and the lessons therein are actually taught to us in kindergarten.

But somewhere along the way, we lose sight of those very basic, but always crucial axioms about how to live. Is it because we feel so self-reliant as we get older that we don't feel the need to rely so heavily on conventional methods for living? Or are we all that ignorant that we feel like we can REALLY help ourselves? It's a good question to ponder in your own mind and the answer you come up with may explain why you are overweight or obese to begin with.

Think about it. Many children have a natural ability to just know what to do regarding their diet and don't have to think about calories, fat grams, or carbs. They just do what they do best and that's eat. They haven't been tainted by the allure of being thin, the peer pressure to look like a supermodel, or the insatiable desire to be so self-conscious about their weight that they don't eat for days.

Can I get a witness?

Nope! Instead, a child is more apt to simply listen to his body and take the appropriate actions to satisfy that very basic need to get rid of hunger and provide his body with the energy it needs. The last time I was skinny before my weight loss success on low-carb in 2004 was when I was a toothless, freckle-faced 4-year old with my hair sticking straight up in the back.

I pulled out an old school photo of myself from my baby book recently and was so mesmerized by the photo from when I was in kindergarten. How did I go from THAT skinny and healthy little boy and become this 410-pound behemoth monster of a man in the decades to come? It's elementary--I totally forgot all of the things I was doing at that time in my life to keep me thin (there's more to it than that, but you get the drift!).

So, what are some of the diet lessons we could learn from a kindergarten kid, hmmm? Click here to read just a few examples of what I'm talking about that could very well put you back on the road to weight loss success. It's elementary, my dear! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy the kids of today don't eat like that-----maybe when you and I were small---yeah---but now too many kids eat like the adults who feed them.
If we let them be kids maybe they would---but we end up turning them into mini adult, Eating habits, busy schedules and all.

3/14/2007 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home