MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, March 05, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb' Blog Exceeds Traffic Milestone: 1 Million Pageviews!


"Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" is now a 1 million pageview blog

It took one year, 10 months, one week, and five days for it to happen...but now it's here. Today at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, I registered pageview #1,000,000 and counting. ONE MILLION PAGEVIEWS! Holy cow, that's a bunch of people!

What is most gratifying about this traffic milestone are all the hundreds of thousands of people who have been exposed to the positive message of hope, education, and inspiration on a daily basis that I attempt to share. It's not always easy in a world that would rather tear you down for supporting the low-carb lifestyle, but nothing worth accomplishing happens without a few bumps along the way.

The neat thing about exceeding a million pageviews to me is that the second million could very well happen by the end of 2007. While the media continues to bang the drumbeat that low-carb is a dead, passing fad, the number of people who are still flocking to this way of eating is still going strong.

Whenever I tell people how I lost my weight (on the Atkins diet), most of them respond with, "Oh, I thought that diet stopped working." Say what? The "diet" never stopped working for people...it was the people who stopped doing the Atkins diet and then erroneously said it failed them. Well duh!

I receive hundreds of e-mails a week from people asking questions and providing comments about their experiences on the low-carb lifestyle. Their constant enthusiasm and curiosity about livin' la vida low-carb motivate me to continue the work I am doing to encourage others and spread the knowledge through my blogs, web sites and podcast show. It's what I am supposed to be doing at this point in my life and I cherish it!

Most amazing about this 1 million pageviews milestone is the fact that I started it in April 2005 when the media and the anti-Atkins crowd were revved up ready to malign and destroy this outstanding dietary approach that has helped millions lose weight and get healthy.

I for one was disappointed to see all the people who used to support Atkins/low-carb scatter and hide. That's why I stepped forward to defend as a success story this lifechanging diet plan. If nobody else was gonna do it, then Jimmy Moore certainly will.

Now, here we are in 2007, STILL sharing the truth unabashedly, defending the honor of the late great Dr. Robert C. Atkins, heralding the research and other scientific evidence that this nutritional approach has on weight and health, and constantly seeking to shift the conversation and debate in a direction that is inclusive, not exclusive of livin' la vida low-carb. We're making a difference and I'm happy to be a part of it.

I'd like to do something in the comments section of this post if you would be willing to participate. Could you provide the following information about your experience with the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog? Here's what I'd love to know:

1. Your name
2. When you started reading "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
3. How you found out about this blog
4. What you like best about the blog
5. Why you keep coming back to read

This should be fun and a fitting tribute to my 1,000,000th pageview today! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My name is Deb, I found your blog because it regularly showed up in my google weight loss alert. Your blog was one of the most enjoyable links on the alert, and I always went there first. About 6 months ago, I decided waiting for google was silly, so I check your page every morning now. I enjoy learning more about low carb, and I enjoy your rants! But mostly I enjoy hearing about the successes and trials of people who email you for your help. You do great work, Jimmy! Keep it up!

3/05/2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

1. Your name
Andre
2. When you started reading "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb"
Right about from the beginning, lurking for a while, and getting more and more enthusiastic about your style, knowledge, and experiences.
3. How you found out about this blog
Internet search while researching some stuff
4. What you like best about the blog
In no particular order: Your honesty, attitude, openness, writing style. You know what your'e talking about and you have an open, inquisitive mind.
5. Why you keep coming back to read
For all of the above reasons, plus the fact that you are certainly not afraid to confront dogmas, "authorities", "experts" and the like. You also call something a heap of dung when it is a heap of dung - I absolutely love that. From the start I was convinced that you, Jimmy Moore, will be at the front-lines of the coming (and sorely needed) paradigm shift. You are literally saving lifes here, Jimmy, and that's no small feat.

3/06/2007 2:20 AM  
Blogger Jake Silver said...

That somebody would say a diet "stopped working" means they misunderstand what DIET is supposed to mean. It's supposed to be a way of eating all the time... not just to shed some pounds. And also way too many people misunderstand Atkins and South Beach. They think you're eating bacon all the time which is just not true.

3/06/2007 5:46 AM  
Blogger Jake Silver said...

1. Jake Silver
2. Has it been a year now?
3. You first linked to my Blog.
4. The healthy information
5. Your writing style makes reading about the latest in Lo-Carb and Healthy Eating fun.

3/06/2007 5:49 AM  
Blogger TESS said...

A. Tess
B. Jan 2006
C. Search on low carb, had gained back 10 lbs of my 140 lb weight loss over Christmas and was looking for support to help me lose it.
D. I forget the questions you wanted answered! Let me just say the information you pass along is without price. I check in every day and wish I could get your podcasts.webtv has some drawbacks. keep up the good work, you have changed many lives for the better and I say THANK YOU!!

3/06/2007 6:09 AM  
Blogger renegadediabetic said...

1. Dan
2. Summer of 2006
3. I stumbled across it as a cross reference in another low carb site.
4. You tell it like it is and aren't afraid of dissenting opinions. The open forum for discussion is great.
5. There is always great new info. I check it out every day. It's also fun to read the comments and sometimes lenghty discussions.

3/06/2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger Robin Bayne said...

1. Robin Bayne
2. Just a few months ago
3. From members of a low carb board
4. Regular updates, encouragement
5. You welcome comments!

3/06/2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

-Cindy
-August 2006
-I googled "low carb blog" out of curiosity, and yours is at the top
-New posts every day, information, new products to try, great inspiration
-New posts every day, information, new products to try, great inspiration
;)

3/06/2007 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Sue B
2. Summer 2006
3. Googled "low carb" and saw your catchy blog name
4. Reading your blog makes it seem almost as if you're talking to me. I love all the up-to-date info.
5. I've been a passionate low-carber since Sept 2001. The more info I pick up the easier it is to refute the people who think my kidney (I've had a transplant) is going to fall out! Great job, Jimmy!

3/06/2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger Ed Bellinger said...

1. Ed Bellinger
2. Fall 2005
3. Created Google low carb alerts and received your blog postings via common voice.
4. Was really inspired by your not holding back comments and information.
5. I became a low carber after panceatic cancer whipple surgury. I tried to follow ADA's dietary guidlines and only ended up spiking my blood sugar and depending on the medications more and more so I looked into low carbing on my own and found it has excellent results and for me it is a permenant lifestyle change and Jimmy keeps me motivated even though I need to gain wieght with excercise and that healthy way of eating I do gain weight it does seem to balance a person out from the other side of the weight problem also.

3/06/2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My name is Diane. I found this site while doing research on low carb back in 2005. I was looking for info after having WLS in 2004 and running into trouble because of not following the recommended LC WOE. I love all the research that you put into you posts and podcasts. You just don't go around spouting so caled facts without having done your reseach as many others try to do. I adore your writing style--I find myself with coffee coming out of nose at a few of your remarks. This is a mandatory way of life for me. As I've shared with you personally--I didn't have my insides rearranged just to gain the weight back. So I look for the info and support I find here--I'm in this for life--mine...

3/06/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

1. Amy
2. Sometime in early summer, 2005
3. through e-mail
4. The honesty and writing style. The way you present the facts really keep a person interested, instead of yawning through it. It's never a boring read!
5. All the above. I know I will get the latest news and information here!

Keep up the great work Jimmy!

3/06/2007 5:09 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

1. Your name: Anne
2. When you started reading "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb": Last June
3. How you found out about this blog: GoogleNews, one of the sites that syndicates your articles.
4. What you like best about the blog: Content! You are amazing at continually providing awesome content on a daily basis.
5. Why you keep coming back to read: I always learn something and your writing style is entertaining.

3/06/2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Kevin M. said...

1.Kevin
2.early to mid-2006
3. I had been following low-carb myself since 2001, and researching it online since 2004. I discovered Jimmy's growing popularity while googling for current LC news headlines - jimmy's name was all over the place, even though he was a new arrival in LC news circles.
4. What I like most about the blog is Jimmy's passionate, unwavering and clear-eyed enthusiasm about this subject which I believe is entirely justified. Jimmy's "blog" format has achieved the right mix encouragement and information to attract the loyal following of intelligent practitioners who need a place and a public personality to come together around since the death of Dr. A.
5. Jimmy has made his blog into the most user-friendly and varied clearing-house of information on the web, along with the persona of fearless public defender which is required to spread this message. Finally, Jimmy is simply right when so many are simply wrong. In a culture where so many citizens are terrified to question the medical status quo, and cannot seem to think for themselves, Jimmy just sees through the BS piled deep and high which is our modern nutritional standard. Some people in this world have the gift of common sense, and Jimmy is just one of them. He is the harbinger of a dawning revolutionary awareness based in hard science, which therefore cannot fail.

3/06/2007 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home