MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Meet The Four Men Of Moore


Kevin, Jimmy, J.D., and Nathan Moore together again

I've talked about all of them here at my blog, but I thought you'd like to see a picture of the men in the Moore family.

From left to right:

That first guy is my full-blooded brother Kevin who has been battling health issues because of his morbid obesity and heart problems. It was great to see him at my grandmother's funeral last week, although he's not really doing anything with his diet to improve his health. My mom drove him up to Bolivar, Tennessee from Pensacola, FL since she was worried about him driving alone considering his heart condition.

The second fella in the picture is me! You know who I am! :)

The third person is my father, J.D. Moore. He's a chocoholic and a half, but has been able to manage his weight well for most of his life. Makes me sick! LOL! He's always been stout strong, although back and shoulder issues have kept him down from time to time during his life. He grew up hauling hay, so I guess that all has caught up to him as an adult.

Finally, the fourth person is Nathan, or Nat as we called him growing up. He's my dad's second wife's son, so that makes him my half-brother. But I've always called him my brother. If you've read my book, then you know Nathan was one of my inspirations for starting the Atkins diet in 2004 (my high school friend Keith Jackson was the other). He's still keeping his weight off, although he's not as strict on his low-carb lifestyle as he once was. I've warned him to be careful and not let the weight creep back up on him.


I got to see my little niece and nephew in Tennessee

It's a shame it took a funeral to bring all the Moore men back together in one place again, but I was thankful for the chance to be together and photographed. This time together was especially awesome with my little niece and nephew from Nathan, both of whom are absolutely spoiled rotten. HA! They're so full of energy and Nathan's wife Stephanie is pregnant with another little one.

WHOA! Slow down, little bro! Christine and I have to start catching up. Hee hee! Anyway, I'm glad you got to meet the four men of Moore so you can now put a face to the name when I blog about them.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Great family Jimmy! Thanks for sharing!

4/25/2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa. Look at your niece. She is obese and sooo young. :( She needs to be put on low-carb!

4/25/2007 9:59 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Yeah, I know, Victoria. I wish Nat would do something for her now since he knows what weight problems are like as a child.

4/25/2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger lcreekmo said...

These are great photos!!

5/02/2007 11:36 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Laura! I had these taken when I was in Bolivar for my grandmother's funeral recently. It's probably the last time all of us will be in the same place for a picture. I'm really concerned Kevin won't be with us much longer.

5/02/2007 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home