MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, May 21, 2007

Jimmy Moore's Wife Begins Low-Carb Diet


My dear wife Christine started low-carb last week for her health

After seeing me start livin' la vida low-carb in January 2004, go on to lose 180 pounds in one year, get off of prescription medications for breathing, cholesterol, and blood pressure, drop over 20 inches off of my waistline, and completely turn my life around for the better, my wife Christine has decided the time has come for her to follow my lead.

When I first met Christine in the early 1990s, she was a 90-pound stick woman who was all skin and bones. Even on our wedding day in 1995, she still only weighed 95 pounds soaking wet. But a dozen years of marriage and all that comes with that have caused Christine's weight to creep ever-so-slowly up and up and up.

Even worse than her slight weight gain is what her high-carb diet has done to her triglycerides. At her last physical, the doctor informed Christine that they had risen to an unhealthy 250. While I know a lot of people who have much higher levels than that, the fact is she needs to get that number down below 100.

Wanna guess what the easiest and most effective way to lower triglycerides? That's right, it's livin' la vida low-carb! Mine dropped down to the mid-50's after I started on the Atkins low-carb diet while my HDL jumped up to the lower-70's. While Christine's HDL is a respectable 50, her new low-carb diet will surely raise it even higher--possibly over 100.

This is the first time Christine has been fully committed to the low-carb lifestyle and I'm very proud of how she has transitioned from her former diet. Find out how she did in her first week, including a very surprising weight loss total, and discover how she has overcome the typical obstacles that new low-carbers face when they begin this lifestyle change by clicking here.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Science4u1959 said...

That's excellent news, Jimmy, especially for Christine! My congratulations to the both of you!

5/22/2007 12:59 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Christine, that is wonderful to hear! You are going to succeed and feel amazing, I already know! Best of luck to you! :) I did it, you can too!

5/22/2007 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Christine! I think I will start now, too - actually my husband (who is only 41) is on 4 prescription medications for blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. and if you looked at him you would not think he was unhealthy....it's amazing. But, we have seen that diet plays a key role in our health...and with all the crazy hormonal stuff going on with me....what better time to start! Consider yourself starting a journey with a few new friends!

5/22/2007 3:43 PM  
Blogger Cutie said...

wow, that's awesome! congratulations christine! :)

5/23/2007 7:00 PM  
Blogger kathyj333 said...

I would to talk to Christine. I left a very sleepy message last night in which I asked about her. I didn't read enough of the blog to realize that she had in fact brrn on the diet. I am looking for support in my diet efforts.

But congratulations to both of you for doing so well.

6/08/2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

She'd love to hear from you, Kathy! E-mail her anytime!

6/08/2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger kathyj333 said...

I tried to e-mail, but the link must be broken.

6/11/2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6/11/2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Or just e-mail her at muzikgirl@charter.net. Christine would love to hear from anyone who wants to encourage her on her low-carb plan.

6/11/2007 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home