MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, May 04, 2007

Low-Carb Weight Loss Success Book Both 'Useful' And Has Lots Of 'Inspiration'


Nearly two years later, my book is still encouraging people

It was right about two years ago that I was in the beginning stages of writing what would become my very first book entitled Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey From Flabby Fat To Sensationally Skinny In One Year. Publishing a book sounds like an overwhelming task and it is a lot of work to make it just right. But I just kept at it until it was done!

One thing I wanted more than anything else was to pour out my heart and soul into that book to give would-be dieters a realistic and sincere example that livin' la vida low-carb can and will change your life even with a few bumps and bruises along the way. If you have read my book, then you know I tell it to you straight.

With nearly 4,000 copies of my book sold in bookstores and online (mostly at Amazon.com) since it released in October 2005, my goal to make an impact on people's lives has been accomplished better than anything I could have imagined. In fact, since January this year, Livin' La Vida Low-Carb has seen a resurgence in popularity, especially the e-book which has not been out of the top ten at Booklocker.com all year.

The neat thing about my low-carb weight loss success story book is it will never become dated. Sure, some of the information in it may, but not the story itself. It's history and what happened to me to help me shed 180 pounds in 2004. No matter what happens from here on out, I'll always have my story to share and I'm glad I wrote the book.

One of the people who bought my book shared her experience reading it and sent those thoughts to me in a very sweet e-mail. Here's what she wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

I just finished your book and I am happy to say that I have found a lot of useful information in it as well as inspiration. I was so into it that I finished it in a couple of hours.

I loved hearing your success story and hope that I can continue on this low-carb lifestyle and achieve the same success. Thank you so much for putting your story in writing. I hope you get the money for your [skin removal] surgery.

Also I was wondering if you have some other links or recipes that you can recommend so that I can keep things interesting while I am livin' la vida low carb. Oh and do you have a web site or some place that you buy low carb products since the product selection in the store is slowly fading.

Thanks for the inspiration and the great read. I feel energized to continue on my adventure (not diet).


First, let me share my gratitude for those nice sentiments about my book. I'm so glad it encouraged you and you felt compelled to read it from cover to cover in one sitting. I wrote it like I write my blog--conversational, but informative and encouraging. It's the least I can do to help people find what I found in my own weight loss.

So far, I haven't earned enough for the $20,000 skin removal surgery, but it'll come in due time. I'm not giving up hope that the loose skin will be taken care of at last. It WILL happen, I just know it!

For links to more low-carb resources, check out my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Links" blog. As for low-carb recipes, I've posted a bunch of them at my blog. If you do a Google search on "livin' la vida low-carb recipes," then you will find many of them as well as reviews of some excellent low-carb cookbooks (like Judy Barnes Baker's CARB WARS: Sugar Is The New Fat).

Regarding low-carb products, there are many excellent low-carb retail stores out there which are also listed under Low-Carb Stores at my links blog. CarbSmart, LO-CARB U, Low-Carb Connoisseur, Low-Carb Central, Viva Low-Carb, Low Carb And More, and many more. Find one that you like and choose your products wisely.

I'm glad you learned to make this diet your permanent lifestyle change because that will be the key to your success just as it was for me. THANK YOU for your feedback about my book. I'd love to have your comments posted at Amazon.com. That goes for anyone who has read my book, regardless of where you bought the book. Click here to write your review. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a few lines about what you thought about the book.

Would you like to check out a sneak peek of the book? Read this FREE chapter NOW! THANK YOU to everyone who has praised my book for helping them in their weight loss journey. Feel free to share your feedback about the book in the comments section below.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home