MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Diet-Obsessed People Can Never Lose Weight

With all the debate over the Kimkins diet lately, I couldn't help but think about this subject of weight loss and diets more so than normal. While trying something new to help you lose weight is an admirable thing you can do to shed those stubborn pounds, it's those people who feel compelled and obsessed about trying all the latest and newest diets even when they have found success before.

I recently blogged about this idea of "diet-hopping."

People ask me all the time if I'm still eating a low-carb diet. In fact, one lady from my church recently wanted to know if I'm "still on that crazy diet." Well, I'm still livin' la vida low-carb if that's what you mean and happily so! It helped me lose weight and keep it off for good.

Always dance with the one that brung ya, I say!

Unfortunately, too many people hop around from diet to diet always searching for the next best thing in the battle of the bulge. Such is the case of a woman who e-mailed me about her recent dieting adventures.

Here's what she wrote:

Hello Mr. Moore!

I'm a Mississippi girl who enjoys what you have to say about weight loss. I like the fact that you have tried all kinds of diets.

I didn't start having a weight problem until I had my last child twenty years ago. I did the Kimkins diet and lost 18 pounds and I am still a member. But I have had a hard time getting back on Kimkins.

So now I have been doing Weight Watchers and lost 7.5 pounds in a week and a half. My problem seems to be that I get bored with any diet after a few weeks. I'm also a big cook. I cook meals every night except Saturdays which my husband calls "Sandwich Day" (he likes it).

All the women in my family after around age 35 have huge stomachs. I am medium-boned have small arms and legs and 5 foot 3 inches tall. Right now I weigh 195 pounds after being as small as 115 and big as 235.

I do have high blood pressure and as of right now it is normal. I don't know what my problem is but it seems once I lose about 18-20 pounds on a diet I seem to fall off the wagon.

I commend you for all your hard work in losing your weight and your interesting blogs and web sites. You ARE helping so many people and I want to thank you!

What I wanted to ask you about "30-In-30." I assume you mean losing thirty pounds in thirty days. But but do you mean by choosing my own diet choice such as Atkins, Kimkins, South Beach or Weight Watchers?

I just want to be clear in what your saying. Please let me know. And again THANK YOU for being there for me!


Click here to read my reality-based response to this reader's rollercoaster ride on this diet and that diet. Find out what I think she needs to do to finally lose weight and keep it off for good!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home