MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dieter Was 'Hopeless' And 'Doomed' But Now He Says 'I'm Well On My Way'

Positive, encouraging, uplifting, celebratory, and supportive.

When people visit the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, these are the qualities they should always expect to see. It's an extension of who Jimmy Moore is as a person and I've intentionally made what I write about a transparent look into the life of a man who knows what it feels like to have been fat.

Although most of the thousands upon thousands of people who come read what I have to say about livin' la vida low-carb each day will never meet me face to face, I take great comfort and pride in knowing I have played even a small role in their lives. That's something I never take for granted.

It warms my heart to receive confirmation of this in e-mails like this one I got today from a very devoted reader who enjoyed my "30-In-30" blog post this week:

Hi Jimmy,

I loved your article about how your 8th grade teacher’s thoughtlessness motivated you in high school, college, and your career. What a wonderful lesson and motivation for all of us.

And I was really thrilled to see your Kimkins weight loss progress! When I saw the ticker at 214, I got so excited for you! 198, here you come! I look forward to your after-after photo.

Keep up the writing. I read you every day!


You just don't know how much a simple note like that encourages me. While I am generally always very positive in my presentation of low-carb living, I am human and have my down moments. It's not all the time, but on occasion.

When that happens, invariably I get some of the most inspiring notes you could ever possibly imagine just when I need it. Take, for example, this one from a fella who expressed how much me and my blog has meant to him:

I can barely remember the first time I got down to around 150, but you remind me that it was awesome to be normal weight. It was something I never knew or had forgotten since the last time I was at normal weight was at 5.

I'm now 225 pounds. My low weight was 149 when I was 23. My fit weight was when I was 32 at 152. Then for many years I wandered between 160 and 190. My high-water mark was 262 about four years ago.

I nearly became hopeless, felt I was doomed to have let that happen, and for the first time in my life I felt obese. But I don't give up--I NEVER give up!

I owe a lot to you, Jimmy, and I've never even met you. Because of you and your blog, I have regained hope and motivation, and I'm well on my way.


Can I tell you something? My wife Christine prints out every single e-mail that I receive like these to keep in a scrapbook. Yeah, she's sentimental like that, but she reminds me often of all the super nice things people have said about how me, my book, my blog, and my podcast show have meant to them.

If you need to contact me for any reason--help with a low-carb question or concern, share your weight loss success or frustrations, or just to say HEY--I'm always ready, willing, and able to serve you. It's the least I can do for the miracle that has become my life. E-mail me ANYTIME and I will personally write you back. I promise!

THANK YOU for being a part of the positive, encouraging, uplifting, celebratory, and supportive "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog family. You are all VERY special to me and I never want you to forget that. :D Keep on livin' la vida low-carb!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home