MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jimmy Moore's Big Video Debut On YouTube


First blogging, then podcasting...now Jimmy Moore tries YouTube!

Uh-oh, look out world, Jimmy Moore's on YouTube now! EEEEEK!

Yep, at long last I'm ready to make my worldwide debut on the most famous Internet video housing company on the planet thanks to that awesome new iMac I told you about last weekend (in fact, that "thermal" picture of me looking at the YouTube logo above was created with the Photo Booth application on the iMac).

I'm having some fun with these new toys and am preparing to put them to good use. Ever since my buddy Kent Altena stopped making his FANTASTIC low-carb videos on YouTube earlier this year, there's been a serious void out there for reliable and trusted videos about the low-carb lifestyle. With my new iMac, I fully intend to do something about that!

With a successful blog and podcast show already, I'm anxious to see what kind of feedback my low-carb videos will receive on YouTube. No doubt the low-fatties will send their trolls to try to shut me down, but we'll just keep sharing the truth. After all, it's on our side!

I am but a novice at this video-making adventure right now, but I hope to get better and better as time passes. The process is not very difficult and actually I enjoy getting my hands dirty in the production side of it, too. The iMac makes it, as Geico would say, "so easy a caveman can do it."

For my big video debut on YouTube, I thought I'd share a quick sample segment featuring me and my beautiful wife Christine sharing a whimsical moment together on camera about my excursion into the wonderful world of YouTube vodcasting.

Watch the video complete with appropriate music and sound effects:



Ain't my sweet wife so cute?! She makes me look better than I deserve and she's so adorable with the expressions she makes. At the end, she couldn't stop cracking up, though! You bet we had fun making that video and there'll be more where that came from.

If you liked this video and want to support my newfound effort to further the low-carb outreach to the YouTube community, then please go to the page for this video and rate it, favorite it, and leave a comment about it! It would be very much appreciated!

Be sure to tell all your friends, co-workers, and family that "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" is coming to YouTube! I'm excited about this and hope you are, too.

Feel free to offer suggestions for videos anytime by writing to me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. I'd be delighted to hear from you!

Look out, YouTube! Here comes Jimmy Moore!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Great Jimmy! And funny too. This is a great way of reaching out to even more desperate dieters out there. I think it's an excellent idea. Maybe you can even create video interviews with (real) experts this way, and/or perhaps even using that new iPhone if you on occasion interview them on location?

Or perhaps create your own "documentary" what it is to lose so much weight and keep it off, a bit in the style of Kent, but more elaborate. But that's a lot of work. Anyway, great idea!

And don't hesitate to use your own trademark enthusiastic style - and throwing in some humor here and there certainly also helps to make the message "stick". Keep up the good work, you are doing a truly magnificent job!

8/22/2007 11:49 PM  
Blogger DD Jameson said...

It's so much fun to see images with a voice!! People will feel connected to you more than ever via video. Good luck with the new venture.

8/23/2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Cute as all get-out! Tell me, could you just as well have broadcast there for an hour and a half or ten minutes or as long as you would have liked? YouTube is taking the world by a storm, the ultimate communication. I think one on one we can set both of those images side by side on a computer like yours and web-cast live to each other with you seeing your own live image as well as a respondents image at the same time and several if a conference is set up if I'm not mistaken. 'The Dick Tracy Watch' isn't it?

8/23/2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger Kevin M. said...

Your podcast added a voice to your words, now youtube adds a live face. BTW, Christine is looking alot healthier - and hotter - than the last pic I saw of her. So glad she's finally LLVLC! Congrats to both of you.

Hope you've seen Dr. Feinman's article spanking the latest "expert" anti-LC screed. It's long overdue that somebody of his credentials started publicly refuting his peers. Maybe he is finally getting fed up that no one in his field is paying a damn bit of attention to the LC Good News. Nothing will change without people of his high reputation formally refuting the ADA.

8/23/2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Kevin! The YouTube thing is gonna be a TON of fun!

Yeah, I saw Dr. Feinman's piece and will be blogging about it soon. So much to blog, so little time! :D

8/23/2007 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home