MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Diabetes Mine Diggin' The 'Enthusiasm' Of The Low-Carb Community

I recently blogged about my fellow health blogger Amy Tenderich from the uber-popular "Diabetes Mine" blog and her rather humorous post about obsessing over carbs as a Type 1 diabetic.

She made some excellent points in that column, although she is not an advocate of livin' la vida low-carb as a lifestyle change per se. The Know Your Numbers, Outlive Your Diabetes author and I don't always see eye-to-eye on the definition of a healthy diet, but that doesn't stop us from mutually sharing in our mission to help educate, encourage and inspire our readers to improve themselves.

In that spirit, Amy recently asked me the following question in an e-mail:

"Since most diabetics seem to struggle with restricting carbs and figuring out what in the heck they can eat, I need your help. Could you share your TOP 20 FAVORITE LOW-CARB MEALS & SNACKS with me to share with my readers?"

Since I've been eating this way for nearly four years, it would have been pretty easy for me to come up with a quick 20 list for Amy to share with her readers. But, instead, I decided to let the members of my new "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Discussion" forum take a stab at it since they all have a wealth of knowledge and experience in this area--particularly my low-carb recipe moderator Linda.

So I pitched it to my forum readers and boy did they ever come through with some OUTSTANDING suggestions for Amy to share with her readers. Diabetics and low-carbers alike would be proud to eat those foods early and often and I'm thankful for their input (that includes so many of YOU here at my blog, too, so THANK YOU!!!).

Amy featured those in a post today at her blog entitled "Low-Carb Favorites, From The Devotees." Check out this amazing list of MEALS and SNACKS that my forum readers came up with. Incredible work you guys and I'm so proud to see you recognized for your healthy efforts on such a major diabetes web site. EXCELLENT!

Amy was a bit concerned as she expressed in her post why livin' la vida low-carb is so hard for her.

"Thanks so much for the suggestions, Guys! But I also see my problem right there; I am sick to death of skinless chicken, eggs, and salad, salad, salad. I can't stand cauliflower. Steak and pepperoni are too fatty for my poor sensitive stomach to take very often... whine, whine, whine... I know."

You are hilarious, Amy! But there is a happy medium when counting carbs that I hope you can find in your own journey to control blood sugars naturally through this way of eating. But I was encouraged to hear Amy was spurred on by the "enthusiasm" of my forum readers to get excited about controlling her carbs again.

WOO HOO! She even gave some rather high praise for the support the forum is providing people who need it when they're getting down and out.

"It's sure nice to know there's a whole community out there to fall back on whenever you feel you might be 'losing it.'"

YEAH! THANK YOU Amy for those very kind words and I'm sure my forum readers will be thrilled to know you felt the positive impact they are having there. It's one of the most caring and loving group of people I've ever been a part of and we've grown so fast, too! Over one-third of a million views in just about six weeks...and STILL growing!

Got any favorite low-carb snack or meal ideas that might have been missed? Feel free to share those in the comments section below. See, livin' la vida low-carb can be an exciting and viable way to lose weight, control blood sugars, and get healthy while still being enjoyable. No other way I'll ever eat again, baby! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite meals by far is BBQ beef brisket and guacamole, with some mixed raw veggies. The tastes and textures go together perfectly.

9/18/2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger phishery said...

I have a free 300 page low carb recipe book posted on www.dsolve.com which is focused on low carb and low insulin diabetes management--the link is right on the front page.

10/02/2007 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home