MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, September 16, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb' Blog Quietly Eclipses 2 Million Pageviews


We're celebrating another major milestone for my blog today

Six months ago, I was thrilled beyond belief that my little "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog had hit a rather lofty goal of sorts when it reached the ONE-MILLION pageview mark. It was a proud day in the history of this mission to educate, encourage, and inspire others with the amazingly healthy low-carb lifestyle!

At the time, it was just under two years since I had created this blog to chronicle my low-carb journey from an excessively obese 410-pound man into the thin and healthy man I am today. It was a proud moment, but I was already looking ahead to even greater things to come when I wrote in that blog post that the second million would probably happen before the end of the year.

"The neat thing about exceeding a million pageviews to me is that the second million could very well happen by the end of 2007. While the media continues to bang the drumbeat that low-carb is a dead, passing fad, the number of people who are still flocking to this way of eating is still going strong."

Like a prophetic revelation of what was to come, that vision came true today, September 16, 2007 when this blog indeed hit the TWO-MILLION PAGEVIEW mark...IN JUST SIX MONTHS removed from the original million! WOW!

What a remarkable and break-neck year 2007 has been so far! It started in January when I had the highest traffic EVER at my blog, but then that record was surpassed in March, April, June, and again in July. Stunning! Absolutely mindboggling stuff to me since livin' la vida low-carb is supposed to be that dangerous fad diet thing from a few years back.

Obviously, the readers of this and the other OUTSTANDING low-carb blogs out there vehemently disagree with that description of the low-carb lifestyle and seek to learn more about what this way of eating is all about on a daily basis by coming here to read what I post. People are tired of being lied to about how to lose weight and get healthy which is why blogs like mine are increasingly attracting more and more people all the time!

The health and medical establishment had better take notice that their monotonous message has grown tiresome amongst those who have discovered there are better ways to battle such health issues like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, cancer, Alzheimer's disease...need I go on? Let's face it--the low-fat diet has failed on virtually every account and the low-carb lifestyle has swooped in to fill that void for so many of us. And the science is now backing us up!

While I don't pretend to have all the answers, I do know what has worked to change my life forever for the better. It's livin' la vida low-carb, baby! And I'm gonna keep on sharing what's worked for me so that others can have the hope that they too can escape the pain of obesity and all that comes with that miserable state of existence. There is a better life awaiting those who are ready to make this their permanent and healthy lifestyle change.

So, what about the possibility of THREE MILLION pageviews, hmmmm? It took nearly two years for the first million and six more months for the second million. Is it really possible that by the time I reach my 3-year blogiversary in April 2008 that we'll hit this new traffic mark? As long as YOU keep coming here and invite your co-workers, friends, and family members to check us out, there's no doubt in my mind it can and WILL happen.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your love and devotion towards the work I am doing here at "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." I've branched off with a successful podcast show, a wildly popular new discussion forum, and an entertaining series of YouTube videos. It's all about impacting the culture and reminding people that there are alternatives to the same old low-fat, low-calorie, portion control diets they've been forced to endure for far too long. Nevermore, I say, nevermore!

WE KNOW BETTER and will keep sharing the truth as long as there are people here to listen. And from the looks of it, there are a bunch of ya! :D God bless you all and I look forward to seeing the next million come through here VERY SOON! Please feel free to contact me via e-mail ANYTIME by writing to livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Woo Hoo Jimmy!!! Low carb is far from dead. In fact, it's taking over BABY!

9/17/2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes - I definitely think you're heading for the 3 million mark before April 08 - maybe you'll hit it before Jan 08! You're going viral baby - the word is OUT! In fact - I'm assuming there were so many of us that we crashed your forum on Sunday night, yes?

So glad you are here, providing a much needed resource for the lo-carb community. - Thanks Jimmy, you're the MAN!

- Kelly aka soon2bslim

9/17/2007 3:03 AM  
Blogger reesie said...

Congrats Jimmy!!! I think it's awesome,, and I for one am estactic that I ran across your site months ago, and then recently joined your forums!! WTG!!!

9/17/2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YAY! Congratulatory *hugs* for you, Jimmy! Thanks for being a wonderful 'fount of knowledge' for us on our LC journeys:)

9/17/2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Congratulations, Jimmy! And full steam ahead for the next million!

9/17/2007 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov!
Keep up the fight!

9/17/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, Jimmy!!!

9/17/2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger Kevin M. said...

Remember me when you build your media kingdom. I'm on your side and I can write! And i need a job!

10/02/2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home