MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, October 29, 2007

Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer Turns To Popular Low-Carb Books For Video Reviews


Olivia Brown takes advantage of the new video review format at Amazon

You really have to admire the marketing brilliance of a company like Amazon.com. They are true innovators and undeniable leaders in their industry because they never just settle for the amazing success they have been able to achieve. Instead, they keep improving and improving by offering their customers unique features that keep them coming back.

The latest such improvement is the addition of a brand new feature that allows for video reviews of the products on Amazon. Yep, now not only can you WRITE about what you think of your favorite CD, book, electronic device or whatever else you purchase on their site, but you can also TELL everyone by making your own video reviews. It's the new wave of technology in product reviews and I think it adds a personal touch to their web site.

One of the most enthusiastic reviewers on Amazon who has taken this new video review format and run with it is Top 1000 Amazon Reviewer Olivia Brown. What a spunky woman this is and she's a self-described "a voracious reader and consummate blogger." Her blog is Happy Luau and I'm impressed by how elaborate it is because she has a lot to say. In fact, Olivia reads MY blog and has commented here quite a bit lately.

Because of her prestigious position at Amazon as a highly-respected and prolific reviewer, Olivia's opinions carry a lot of weight. So when she started video reviewing beginning a couple of weeks ago when Amazon rolled out this new format, people began taking immediate notice. And when she reviewed what is arguably the most compelling book about diet and health in the last century, I took notice.

Check out Olivia Brown's video review of Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes to see how detailed she gets with her reviews. This woman is absolutely amazing and thorough in her analysis of the books she reads and I was impressed with what she said about the Taubes book. It sounds like that book has genuinely changed her life.

But Olivia didn't stop with Good Calories, Bad Calories for her video reviews. She also did an awesome one for Jonny Bowden's classic book Living The Low-Carb Life which compares the various low-carb plans and gives an overview of each one to help you decide which diet is best for you. I reviewed this book and have spoken very highly of it for anyone who is livin' la vida low-carb. Olivia was inspired by this book to continue her new low-carb lifestyle journey.

Finally, I was pleasantly surprised to see Olivia's video review of my book Livin' La Vida Low-Carb. She was very kind in her remarks about the book I wrote about my low-carb weight loss journey. And she saw EXACTLY what I was attempting to do with my book: help motivate others in their own journey to lose weight and get healthy. THANK YOU Olivia!

Check out more from Olivia Brown as she is adding lots of new reviews--both the "old school" written ones and the hip new video ones, too! GREAT JOB, Olivia! Keep 'em coming!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Olivia said...

Wow, Jimmy, thanks for the rave review of my reviews. You are very kind :)

You're right, I do have a lot to say!!

My URL is:
happyluau.blogspot.com
but it is a personal diary blog rather than a low carb blog. As you mentioned, I'm very new to the low carb lifestyle, but learning more and more every day. On my personal blog, happyluau, I should be looking healthier and thinner with each video.

I've watched all of your videos and half of your podcasts, which together are a terrific support!

I plan to have many new reviews on Amazon (currently I have over 1500) but am taking a break this month for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and am writing a first draft of a novel---in 30 days! After that, though, it's full speed ahead. One of the reasons I went low carb this month is that I wanted to be clear-minded for the writing challenge.

That you for all you do and for this nice surprise!

Blessings, Olivia

10/29/2007 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You are VERY welcome, Olivia! I'm proud of the work you are doing and wish you well in all your endeavors. A novel draft in 30 days...HOW AMBITIOUS! :)

10/29/2007 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home