USC Journalism Student Doing Project On Kimkins Diet Scam
Meet Heidi Diaz, aka Kimmer, at her deposition last month
So much is happening behind-the-scenes regarding the Kimkins diet scam that it's a little hard to keep up with it all. Here's a recap of some of the most recent happenings:
- Private investigator releases photos of Kimkins creator Kimmer as a morbidly obese woman
- Three prominent admins at Kimkins--Christin, Deni, and Becky--pull their support for the program because of evasive answers by the founder of the diet
- Former Woman's World magazine cover girl Christin Sherburne admits having health problems from being on the Kimkins diet
- KTLA-TV in Los Angeles airs first television examination of the Kimkins controversy
- The Better Business Bureau lowered their rating of Kimkins to an "F"
- A recap of the most revealing parts of my podcast interview with Kimmer aired
- Kimmer (Heidi Diaz) appears in a courtroom answering questions about her diet scam
- Kimkins fraud achieves first national television exposure on FOX-TV's "The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet"
- Kimmer admits she is Heidi Diaz and "comes clean" on her weight loss diet lie
- Heidi Diaz and her attorney offer a desperate plea to refund the money of disgruntled ex-Kimkins members
- KTLA-TV does their third story on the Kimkins scam, exposing the mail-order Russian bride fraud as well as sharing details about the class action lawsuit
- Prior to her assets being frozen during the pending lawsuit, Heidi Diaz purchases for herself a $400,000 house and brand new cars with cash
- The search for who that woman in the lawn chair is on
For an amazing recap of the Kimkins saga, visit this timeline from Laura Dolson's About.com Low-Carb Diet web site.
In the meantime, a journalism student from the University of Southern California has been so intrigued by the Kimkins controversy story that she has decided to do her final project of the Fall semester on it. Her name is Alexandra Houck and she needs your help whether you are a former or even a current members of the Kimkins web site.
Especially if you live in or around the Los Angeles, CA area (although it doesn't really matter what part of the country you live in), then Alexandra would like to interview you about your experience on Kimkins. If you left or were banned from Kimkins, then share with Alexandra about what happened. Or if you are still on Kimkins despite the controversy around the scam that Heidi Diaz has admitted to doing, then she would like to know why.
Time is of the essence since her project is due on Monday. Please e-mail Alexandra Houck at email@example.com no later than Friday, December 7, 2007 if you would like to participate. ONLY SERIOUS RESPONSES PLEASE!
So far, she has an interview set up with a representative from the Better Business Bureau as well the woman bringing the lawsuit against Heidi Diaz. Help out this college student so she can put together an investigative report about Kimkins for her class project. I will request a copy of the finished paper from Alexandra after she receives her grade so it can be published on my blog if she agrees.
THANK YOU for assisting her with this project. Contact her ASAP!