MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

180-Pound Low-Carb Weight Loss Success Story Shared With York, SC TOPS Group


The York, SC chapter of TOPS welcomed me with open arms

Anytime I am asked to share about my 180-pound weight loss success story with a group of people who desperately need to light a spark in their efforts to shed the pounds and get healthy, it's such an invigorating experience for me personally and I always come back from those speaking opportunities a little more motivated and energized to continue on in my own journey to better health. It's an incredible feeling to know something as simple as answering questions about how I lost weight could have such a lasting impact on the life of someone else. And that's why I LOVE to do these events!


Here I am showing off my size 62-inch "fat boy" pants

After having an awesome time visiting one of the local Curves chapters in Liberty, South Carolina in October 2007, I was honored to be asked to tell my story to the non-profit Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) weight loss support group in York, South Carolina on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at the YMCA there. Ironically, my mom was a member of a TOPS group when I was a kid, so it was kinda neat getting to go talk to a group about an hour from my home in Spartanburg, South Carolina.


I had some giveaways for the people who attended

One of my regular readers and her daughter were the ones who told the director of the York TOPS group about me and my weight loss after they became big fans of the YouTube videos my wife Christine and I make. It was a pleasure meeting them, autographing my book, and even signing a still photo from one of our videos for the daughter. TOO CUTE!


Speaking out about the virtues of low-carb living

There were lots of questions about low-carb and I was pleased to hear that several of them were already on the low-carb lifestyle. I admire the non-judgmental approach that TOPS encourages regardless of the plan you choose to use to lose weight and get healthy. In fact, the person who lost the most weight that week (4 1/2 pounds!) is adhering to livin' la vida low-carb. YOU GO BOY!


Everyone listened so attentively as I shared

Although many of the members who weighed in had a "turtle" week (where they didn't lose any weight at all), the aggregate totals were a loss for the group of about 25 people. With the holidays behind them and a new year to get them going again, I'm sure those weight loss numbers will get better and better with each passing day. Hopefully something I said will stick with them and they'll consider starting their own sugar-free, low-carb lifestyle change.


There were many questions about my low-carb lifestyle

One funny moment happened when one of the TOPS members had to leave early and I had already promised that I would be giving each of them my new raspberry dark chocolate "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar". When I handed it to her, I thanked her for having me and waved to her on the way out. Seconds later she comes back in and taps me on the shoulder whispering in my ear, "This has too much fat in it" as she hands the chocolate bar back. She said she's on a low-fat diet and she can't eat that much fat on her plan. I encouraged her to only eat a bite at a time and it's only a few grams of fat. She still didn't want it. LOL! Oh well, you can't win them all! Nobody else turned it down. :)


I love interaction with people instead of lecturing

I never get tired of telling my story to people and giving back in even a small way the tremendous blessings I have been given in my own life as a result of triple-digit weight loss. If you are a part of a group of people who would like for me to come speak to you about my low-carb weight loss success, then please contact my publicist Christina Jeffrey about setting up the details. I'd love to come to your area and talk about livin' la vida low-carb! If you have any questions or comments about it, then please e-mail me and ask away. :D

By the way, if you are interested in finding a TOPS group in YOUR area, then simply enter your ZIP code and start getting that accountability in your low-carb lifestyle so you can become the next low-carb weight loss success story. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Dear Jimmy...what would it take to get you to come over to Taiwan to share your success story? :) If I could bring you here, I would! The people I come into contact with every day have absolutely no clue about low-carb living. I have yet to see a low-carb product in the grocery stores. I hope someday that you can go overseas and share your story! (and sell your LC bar!)

1/23/2008 10:41 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Rachel,

I've never been to Taiwan and would love to share my success story there one of these days. And I'll even bring my chocolate, too. :D

1/23/2008 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home