Dr. Michael Eades gets my vote for President of the United States
We've been hearing from all sorts of people over the past year or so who would like to become the next President of the United States of America and all of it has led to this fateful first day of voting set to take place in the great state of Iowa today as they caucus. People like Barack Obama, Rudy Guiliani, Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee, John Edwards, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Fred Thompson have literally poured millions upon millions of dollars into campaign ads in early voting states like Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and other key states to tell us why they are most qualified to lead this great nation for at least the next four years (and if I get one more stinkin' recorded phone call from this dude named Ron Paul, I think I'm gonna scream!).
But I'm here to tell you that NONE of these mainstream party politics candidates even come close to matching the kind of qualities I am looking for in someone who can not just talk the talk about the critical issues, but also will walk the walk. While most of the people running pontificate over issues like illegal immigration, the war in Iraq, terrorism, taxes, Social Security, and the economy (no doubt, all very important issues), no candidate has even come close to being a leader who understands the severity of one of the most critical issues of our day that could quite possibly lead to our downfall someday soon if we don't do something about it.
What is this pressing issue? I'm talking about our HEALTH. Obesity, diabetes, and the continuing struggle to take on preventable disease is taking a toll on this nation economically and socially like nothing else we've ever dealt with before. And now more than ever we need proven, tested, and ready-to-serve-from-day-one leadership from an individual who would bring about great changes in the midst of this socioeconomic crisis.
Today, I nominate Dr. Michael R. Eades, MD for president.
As the unequivocal leader of the newly formed and growing by leaps and bounds Low-carblican High-Fatocrat Party, Dr. Michael Eades is sorely needed to restore sanity into what has become an insane world up there in our nation's capital of Washington, D.C. He is the right leader at the right time for seeing us through this make-or-break period in our nation's history and our future health literally depends on it.
Just think about what an Eades administration would look like:
- No more low-fat diet monopoly from the FDA or USDA
- Follow the lead of the ADA promoting low-carb, too
- New food pyramid will put fat at the bottom and sugar on top
- Stop approving OTC drugs like Alli for weight loss
- No more federal protection for the sugar and grain industry
- Universal gym memberships with Slow-Burn trainers
- School lunches will consist of high-fat, low-carb meals
- Require welfare recipients to choose healthy low-carb foods
- Implement the "No Child Left With A Behind" Act
- Obesity no longer a "disease," it's personality responsibility
- Tax credits given to people who embark on a low-carb program
- Forget about funding ridiculous obesity studies
- Drug companies will have truth in advertising standards
- End FDA control of the vitamin industry
- Regular "State Of Our Weight" addresses from the Oval Office
- Weekly online nutrition education classes from the president
- Government subsidies given to the beef and egg industry
- Medicare dollars spent on PSAs for low-carb living
- Aggressive NIH funding for low-carb research
- AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
And this is just in the first 100 days President Eades is in office! The immediate improvements he would bring about from there would continue through the next four years and possibly beyond once Americans start living healthier than they ever thought they could following a controlled-carbohydrate approach. This is a dream candidacy that could very well become reality if you make the only choice for president for people who support livin' la vida low-carb.
You and I both know even if Dr. Eades was enthusiastically interested in this position (I would assume not), he wouldn't ever have a chance of actually winning. But it should make us think about the people we DO nominate and eventually elect into office. And not just for president, but also the U.S. Senate, Congress, state government officials, as well as on your local level.
Are these people representing YOU and your beliefs regarding health? Well they should and I encourage you to bring this issue to the forefront as you consider your options. Ask the candidates what they think about livin' la vida low-carb and if they'd be willing to look at all the latest scientific data regarding low-carb diets to make policy changes regarding diet and health.
We can keep ignoring the evidence, but the problem will not go away. But if our government leaders can keep an open mind and be willing to listen to the REAL experts like Dr. Eades, Dr. Jonny Bowden, Dr. Jeff Volek, Dr. Mary C. Vernon, Dr. Eric Westman, Dr. Richard Feinman, Dr. Larry McCleary, and Dr. Stephen Phinney, then perhaps we'll have some hope for the future of the greatest country in the world.