MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Shake Recipe

I'm very lucky because I've got some pretty talented readers here at my blog and over at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Discussion" forum. The daily devotion that so many of you invest in the work that I do simply astounds me and I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate it. And each of you individually are full of creativity and ingenuity that serve as a constant source of encouragement and inspiration to me.

One of my faithful blog and forum readers is Dan, aka renegadediabetic. As a Type 2 diabetic who is using a low-carb nutritional approach to control his disease, Dan is always coming up with new ways to help fellow diabetics incorporate this lifestyle change into their own lives. One way he does that is by creating some snazzy new recipes to help make low-carb living that much more enjoyable.

And wouldn't you know it, he came up with a recipe for a "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Shake." When I saw this recipe on my forum this week, I just about fell out of my chair it looked so incredibly amazing. I asked Dan if I could share his little creation with you and he enthusiastically agreed. So here you go and ENJOY! THANKS Dan!

THE LIVIN' LA VIDA LOW-CARB SHAKE

2 ounces heavy cream
1 snack cup of Vanilla Cream low-carb Dannon yogurt
1 Tbs coconut oil
1 Tbs cream cheese
4 squirts sugar free raspberry syrup
4 walnut halves
1 square Livin' La Vida Low Carb Bar, roughly chopped


Put all the ingredients in a blender and press pulse about 10-15 times to chop up the ingredients. Then place blender on smooth setting for 1-2 minutes until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a glass and enjoy a rasberrylicious low-carb milkshake!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

This recipe looks great. Did Dan provide the carb count? I'm off to go shopping for the rest of the ingredients.

1/27/2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

No he didn't Linda, but it looks like from the ingredients to be only about 6g net carbs at the most. ENJOY!

1/27/2008 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home