MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hardee's Still Committed To Their Low-Carb Customer Base In 2008


Hardee's one of the few restaurants still catering to low-carbers

You can literally count on one hand the number of restaurants in America who care enough about people who are livin' la vida low-carb to offer them their very own menu: Cracker Barrel, Captain D's, and Hardee's. That's pretty much it!

Of course, you can always make your own "low-carb" meal regardless of where you dine out as I demonstrated in this recent blog post, but it's kinda nice having a restaurant understand the needs of your diet and offering menu items that fit within that criteria. It makes me feel special as a customer and I'm more willing to spend my money at a place like that than one that forces me to try to come up with my own dishes. Am I the only one who feels this way?

With restaurants running away from the low-carb consumer like Ruby Tuesday and Subway, I think it's very appropriate for us to reward those restaurants who show a commitment to our lifestyle change and not thumbing their noses up at us. We have needs just like all those people on a low-fat diet do. And yet virtually EVERY major restaurant chain has "low-fat" menu offerings. Where's the equality with low-carb, hmmmm?

That's why I was so happy to find this Hardee's web site advertising their Low Carb Thickburger. If you are a diehard low-carb fan like me (and most of you who visit here are!), then you are gonna eat this site up! It's got so much humor and facts about the healthy low-carb lifestyle, you'll not believe it's from a major fast food restaurant chain. And yet it is! Somebody in the corporate headquarters for Hardee's has GOT to be a true blue low-carber and I wish I knew who it was!

Anyways, there's a video on that site promoting the Low Carb Thickburger with a Goldilocks and the Three Bears spoof that I wanted to share with you here:



TOO FUNNY! Gotta love that devotion to low-carb living--NO PORRIDGE FOR ME because "I'm not going back to that lifestyle again!" HA! I do believe I'll be grabbing me a Hardee's Low Carb Thickburger real soon! How about YOU? :)

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger l4k said...

I ate at a non-fast food burger restaurant last night and ordered a hamburger without the bun. All I could think of was I could have gotten a better burger with twice the meat at half the price at Hardee's.

However, it still bugs me when I get asked, "What fries with that?"

2/07/2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You could respond, "I'll have salad instead, THANKS!" :)

2/07/2008 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got to get me 1 of those burgers....yum!

2/07/2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And don't forget their Low Carb Breakfast Bowl...it's delicious, and will keep you full for hours!

2/07/2008 2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know. I prefer eating healthy fats and organic lean meats than the artery-clogging saturated fat, high sodium, high calorie meals they have serve at these fast food joints. Sorry, Jimmy, you'll be throwing your unwanted white burger buns at me, but praising Hardee's? Oh, boy!

2/08/2008 3:51 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for your comments, Lora. I'm curious, though, what makes you think consuming saturated fat is "artery-clogging?" All the latest studies have shown that consuming a LOW-saturated fat diet actually leads to more saturated fat in the blood than a HIGH-saturated fat diet. Counterintuitive? You betcha! But it is what it is! And we have Dr. Jeff Volek from the University of Connecticut to thank for that wonderful research. Also, Gary Taubes outlined why saturated fat is pretty healthy too in his book Good Calories, Bad Calories. You should check it out!

2/08/2008 4:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

I had one of their low-carb burgers for lunch today. YUMMY!!! And it was more than enough to fill me up.

I'm sure it won't be too long before they know what I'm gonna order before I get to the counter. LOL Anytime we have fast food, I ask to be taken to Hardees first so I can get my low-carb burger. Very few other places are willing to cater to low-carbers, so those that do get my support!

5/13/2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home