MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meet Jimmy & Christine Moore In Galveston, Texas


We're headed to Southeast Texas on Friday, February 22, 2008

This Friday, I'm so excited to be leaving my home state of South Carolina and hop on a plane down in Atlanta, Georgia to my final destination of Galveston, Texas. Christine and I as well as a whole bunch of friends from my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Discussion" forum will be getting together on a cruise that sets sail out of Galveston on Saturday afternoon and will return on Thursday morning. This is the first cruise we have been on since our honeymoon back in 1995, so we are stoked beyond belief!

We're getting in a day early to make sure nothing prevents us from getting on that ship, so we've got a little down time on Friday, February 22, 2008. So, I wanted to invite any of you who live near Galveston to meet up with us for dinner at The Rainforest Cafe next door to the San Luis Hotel on the Galveston Seawall. The address is 5310 Seawall Boulevard and a group of 20 or so of us will be dining there at 7:00pm.

I'd love to meet you in person and have a chance to spend a few minutes saying hey. I've never been to Texas before except for when I had a connecting flight in Houston. But that doesn't count. This will be a wonderful experience and I am thrilled to be headed to the Lone Star state. I've got a lot of readers from there, especially in the Houston area, so I hope to see a few of your smiling faces on Friday night!

When we return back from the cruise on Thursday, Christine and I will hop on a plane back to Atlanta for the 2008 Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HPBA) Expo covering it Thursday through Saturday. You'll recall I met some wonderful people when we attended the one in Reno, Nevada last year and interviewed a few of them (Leslie Wheeler, "BBQ Queen" Karen Adler, and "BBQ U" host Steven Raichlen) for my podcast show. We'll try to do more of the same this year and even take some video footage while we're there. I'm also working on getting some nice grill giveaways like this one I did for my 2nd blogiversary giveaway contest last year, so be looking for more details about my upcoming 3rd blogiversary coming VERY SOON!

And, in case you are wondering, I will NOT be blogging while I am on vacation this time. I paid good money to go on this cruise, so as much as I love you guys I hope you don't mind that I'm gonna take a break--imagine that, Jimmy Moore is gonna take a REAL vacation! I'll leave you with a good blog post before I leave on Friday that will keep you occupied plenty while I'm away for over a week. THANK YOU for your continued support and I hope to meet all of you sooner or later! :)

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hey Jimmy, have a fun and safe trip
and when you get back you must tell us about the great food!
Bon Voyage!
Paul

2/20/2008 3:51 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

We're gonna do a YouTube video showing what I ate while on the cruise. WOO HOO! We can't wait!

2/20/2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Have fun everyone! Wish I could be there too!

2/20/2008 1:35 PM  
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Wishing everyone a wonderful time! Yummy, all that lobster and crab and shrimp...a carbavoider's paradise!!! Looking forward to a play-by-play on your return.

2/20/2008 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home