MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, March 03, 2008

Yes, You CAN Eat Low-Carb While Enjoying Yourself On A Cruise


With food everywhere on a cruise, how do you eat low-carb?

It's back to real life again after a fabulous cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy to Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico. WOW, what a time getting to meet so many amazing people who have been a part of my life through this blog and my forum! I'll be posting lots of pictures of the people who went and some of the things we did together while on board in another post, but I wanted to share with you pictures of exactly what I ate while I was on board the ship for the five-day cruise.

Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to keep on livin' la vida low-carb when you go on a cruise as long as you keep that steadfast resolve to make better choices for the sake of your weight and health. That's exactly what I did on this cruise as you will see from the pictures of my food for the week. I'm pleased to announce I did not gain a single pound while I was gone and I ate VERY well, too! Kudos to Carnival for offering a low-carb cheesecake and sugar-free chocolate cake for people following a sugar-free lifestyle. WOO HOO!

Click on the date to see a detailed description of the foods featured in these photos as well as a recap of that day's worth of meals from my menus blog:

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2008





SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2008









MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2008








TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2008




WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2008








Anyone who thinks I was depriving myself on this cruise doesn't know what they're talking about! I LOVED every morsel I put in my mouth and would not have wanted it any other way. Even when I ate a very small bite of chocolate cake on the last night, it was so gross to me because it was WAY too sweet. I was happy with the way I ate and will DEFINITELY eat low-carb anytime I go cruising again in the future. The bottom line is yes, you CAN eat low-carb while enjoying yourself on a cruise.

We'll be doing another cruise in January 2009 as a "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" one, so stay tuned for more details about that coming in May or June. Hope you can join us next year! :D

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Phill said...

JIMMY

WELCOME BACK AND THANKS FOR SHARING THE FOOD YOU ATE ON VACATION. I HAD THE PLEASURE OF SPEAKING TO A GROUP OF FOLKS ABOUT THE LOW CARB LIFESTYLE
AND THAT WAS ONE THING I TOUCHED ON
IT IS NOT WHAT YOU CAN'T EAT AS MUCH AS IT IS WHAT YOU CAN EAT.

YOUR FRIEND OF THE LLVLC SHOW

PHILL NOVAK

3/03/2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Phil! Maybe you can join us next year for our cruise in January 2009? :D Sure hope so!

3/03/2008 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home