MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, April 18, 2008

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 33): Taken Aback By The Knack Of A Whacked Hack!


Cybercrime is no less invasive than any other crime

These past couple of weeks have been rather interesting to say the least. As I detailed in this blog post last week, a hacker was able to invade and destroy my forum, steal money from my PayPal account, and then sneak a peek at my e-mail account. Violated doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel--angry, exposed, vulnerable, and victimized. What has happened to me should certainly serve as a lesson to anyone who chooses to be a member of the World Wide Web.

In Episode 33 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube," Christine and I talk very openly about all that has happened to us for the past two weeks since this hacker came into our lives attempting to destroy "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." While this person has certainly taken down my old forum for good (and I'm in the midst of having a new safer and more secure one created as we speak), everything else they have done has just been more annoying than anything. Several more things have happened in the meantime since my blog update last week, so watch this video to see what has been going on.

Check out all these "coincidental" events in today's video:



Although we enjoyed a great time at a low-carb conference in Phoenix, AZ last weekend, it was overshadowed by the cowardly acts of a cybercriminal who apparently had something against me personally to spread such vitriolic acts of destruction to my online property. The FBI has been contacted and they are considering opening a case to investigate this crime. The problem with these kinds of criminals is they are very difficult to catch. But if there's a way, you better believe we're gonna find it!

On a positive note, I wanted to remind you to enter my 3rd blogiversary giveaway contest where I have more than 50 great prizes to share with my readers. I was hoping to share these prizes with you this week, but my blog was temporarily suspended by Blogger on April 15th because their robots have identified it as a "spam" one. This usually takes a few days to clear up and I'm hoping to be able to start blogging again real soon. If you are reading this on my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, then you know I'm back up again. It's yet another piece of this wild and wacky puzzle that has been a part of my life these past couple of weeks.

If you want to find encouragement in your low-carb lifestyle, then you'll not want to miss a single one of our previous YouTube videos. Go ahead and subscribe to our videos to get your first glimpse of all the new "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" episodes. E-mail us anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net because we love hearing from our viewers. Share your show ideas, feedback, and anything else that's on your mind. THANK YOU for your support!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, "Welcome Back"!

Your blogs have been missed. :)

Harry

4/21/2008 5:01 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Harry! I've missed it and now I've got a TON of blogging to do to catch up. :)

4/21/2008 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe all those posts are lost.....
now I can redo my before and afterish pictures!!

Ab

4/21/2008 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

So glad that your blog is back and I'm looking forward to the new forum!!

Sibi

4/22/2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, Jimmy, what a terrible thing to happen and to such a nice guy!
Just wanted to say that Christine looks great! I love her "natural" look in this video. She looks like a youngster!

4/22/2008 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home