MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, April 21, 2008

My 3rd Blogiversary That Almost Didn't Happen

Oh, it's so good to be back blogging again! :)

What a crazy nightmare these past two weeks have been with a hack attack on my forum (which I hope to have the brand new one going within the next week), a series of strange "coincidences" that happened within days of each other, and then Blogger locking my blog for nearly a week because they identified it as a "spam blog."

WHEW!

Who knew whether today, April 21, 2008, I would be able to actually celebrate my third blogiversary or not? Thankfully, I can and I will. And YOU can join in on the celebration by entering my 3rd Annual Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Blogiversary Giveaway Contest. We're celebrating three years, 3 million pageviews, and more memories than this Southern boy can shake a stick at.

How do I fully express what your readership of my blog means to me? When I started this thing three years ago, I couldn't have imagined it would blossom into the success it has become today. It just goes to show you the power of having a passion for something and committing yourself 100 percent to it day in and day out. That's what I've tried to do with sharing about the healthy low-carb lifestyle and you have rewarded me with your presence here. THANK YOU!!!

Looking back at last year's blogiversary post, I can see how much the blog has grown from then and it makes me very excited about the future. We now see 200,000 pageviews a month and the trend is still going way up as brand new readers are finding out about "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" daily. Whether it is through my podcast show or my YouTube videos with Christine, the low-carb movement is still going strong if my sites are any indication of it. And the funny thing is, low-carb is supposed to be dead and gone as some passing "fad" or something. I guess none of us got that memo. :P

For now, we'll just keep on livin' la vida low-carb, doing what we know works for us to help us shed the pounds, control our blood sugars and diabetes, and becoming healthier than we ever could on that high-carb, low-fat diet. What so many people fail to realize is that we're not against a low-fat diet for anyone who wants to do it and can find success using it. Instead, we are in favor of people finding a plan of action that has been proven to work when nothing else has. That's what low-carb is for so many of us and it's why we support the use of it for others we see struggling.

If there's one thing you'll always get out of Jimmy Moore and "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," it's this--enthusiastic, uplifting, and encouraging support for the lifestyle change of your choice. If you are being pro-active in getting your weight and health under control so you won't be a burden on your family, your community, or your country, then I have nothing but applause and admiration for you. As a former 400-pounder who was able to find his way out of morbid obesity, I know how hard it is and it takes a lot of courage to make the necessary changes. But you CAN do it!!!

As I head into my fourth year online, good things are certainly happening that I can't wait to share with you. Some of them aren't finalized yet or I'd tell you now, but let's just say they're HUGE opportunities if they actually happen. In light of my recent comedy of errors with my various platforms, I'd like to ask you to pray for me regarding these things that could help give the low-carb lifestyle a much larger platform. I know attacks against me and the work I am doing must mean I'm doing something right and I welcome the challenge to rise above adversity and come out of it stronger than I was before. Your faithful support has been a tremendous rock through these difficult circumstances. Again, THANK YOU!!!

I'm always here for you anytime you need me, so don't hesitate to e-mail me your questions and comments at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. For three years of blogging bliss, I salute you for sticking with me and allowing me to share in your struggles, celebrate in your victories, and always giving me a reason to come back each and every day to talk about low-carb living with a fresh new perspective. That's what gets me up in the morning and motivates me to keep going on. THANK YOU just doesn't seem adequate enough to tell you how much I love you all and how grateful I am for giving me a reason to blog. God bless you and keep on livin' la vida low-carb!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn the Hackers....Full Speed Ahead!!! Congrats on 3 great years of Low Carb blogging.

4/21/2008 7:50 PM  
Blogger Valerie Jacobsen said...

Welcome back! It's good to see you posting again, Jimmy, and I'm glad you didn't let all that mess get you down.

I saw your latest video. You and Christine look rested and happy. Good!!!

Keep spreading the good word for us.

(I use WordPress for my blog; it's all on my own server at GoDaddy and all within my control, so it's not possible for Blogger or Wordpress or anyone else to shut it down for any reason.)

4/21/2008 8:10 PM  
Blogger Azure said...

Happy anniversary, Jimmy! You're a huge inspiration to so many people--including myself. Thank you for all that you do to keep the low carb community alive and kickin'! I'm so glad that the blog is back up where it should be. I'm looking forward to another year of excellent blogging from you!

4/21/2008 8:15 PM  
Blogger Bookmom said...

So great to have you back! You're certainly making up for lost time! ;-)

4/21/2008 9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and welcome back !

4/21/2008 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home