MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another 33 Fabulously Fun Low-Carb Blogs

One of the most beautiful developments I have personally witnessed over the past couple of years or so are the ever-increasing prevalence of low-carb blogs on the Internet. Oh my gosh, I had no idea there were this many people willing to share their thoughts, express their opinions, and provide their own personal experiences in the wonderful world of livin' la vida low-carb! It's great to see and I'm happy to do my part to spread the good word about these amazing new blogs.

If you're a little bored and have some time to kill, then you'll never believe all the literally HUNDREDS of new low-carb blogs that have come out lately. Don't believe me? Then hold on to your hats for one wild and crazy low-carb blog rollercoaster ride by clicking here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, here, here and here. And if you like all of those, then you're gonna LOVE these.

Here are the hot, hip, good time, rock 'n roll low-carb blogs leaving their mark in the blogosphere for all the world to see:

1. SEVEN PURPLE POLKA DOTS

You gotta love Casey! She's one super-excited, well-educated low-carber who shares quite extensively about her experiences on low-carb at her blog. Her infectious passion will rub off on you...in a GOOD way! Love that gal! :)

2. MISSION THIN & HEALTHY

Jenn Baker is a work in progress as it relates to weight loss. She is going to school to be a nurse and strongly believes in the healthy low-carb lifestyle as the means by which she gets there. WOO HOO! You keep learning and sharing, Jenn!

3. THE BIONIC BROAD'S LOW-CARB BLOG

The Bionic Broad is a 50-something woman from Southern California who has shed 65 pounds on a combined LAP-BAND and low-carb lifestyle. Now she is telling everyone she can about the lessons she has learned. And she's even cuter than Paris Hilton (at least that's what she says!).

4. WAISTED

Suzique has fun talking about her life of living healthy and losing weight.

5. PATTY'S LIFE

Patty, Patty, bo batty! She talks about the "ins and outs of living the low-carb lifestyle" with her blog. You can't help but enjoy that! ;)

6. THE VITAMIN TUTOR

The Vitamin Tutor is a wealth of information about natural solutions to some of the most preventable health problems that we face (and generally treat with prescription drugs!).

7. FOOD & HEALTH

This blog has some excellent information about the relationship between food and the impact it can have on your health.

8. LOW-CARBING JOY

Joy is one happy low-carber who's telling us all about her low-carb great adventures.

9. THE FREE RADICAL

If you're into consuming raw, organic low-carb foods, then this is the blog for you.

10. DIET FAILURE THE NAKED TRUTH BLOG

I recently did a podcast interview with Phoenix Gilman and now she's got her very own blog to continue what she started in her amazing Diet Failure: The Naked Truth book.

11. LOW CARBING FOR LIFE

Michelle is a Michigan mom who understands low-carb isn't just a diet, it's a permanent and healthy lifestyle change. Her blog allows you to follow her progress as she has shed 70 pounds on this way of eating. YOU GO GIRL!!!

12. VIKKI'S LOW-CARB KITCHEN

Do you like healthy low-carb recipes? Then Vikki's your gal! ;)

13. THE JOYFUL DIETER

If you're a Christian and trying to lose weight while regaining your health, then this is the blog for you. Get all sorts of support, tips, encouragement, and Biblical edification as you seek to shed the pounds.

14. JOYFULHOMEMAKER

An Australia mother of 7 known as "The Mumma" creates some rather delectable low-carb recipes I'm sure you'll get your fill of early and often. ENJOY!

15. GETTING A LIFE

On the way to losing 100 pounds, this blogger is livin' la vida low-carb and loving it!

16. CHILLED WHITE WHINE

Nancy Ellyn has quite an eclectic blog talking about kitty cats, Jackson Browne, life in general, and oh yeah, a little low-carb, too. :)

17. UPON FUTURE REFLECTION

I love the attitude of SassyChik who runs this blog because she "stopped reflecting on my past and have instead decided to focus on the 'reflection' I hope to see in the future." What a mature way to think about your low-carb lifestyle and I have no doubt she's gonna be the success she deserves to be. Follow her low-carb journey!

18. RECIPES THAT HAVE SAVED THIS DIABETIC'S LIFE and THE LOW CARB DIABETIC JOURNEY

A follower of Dr. Richard Bernstein's low-carb diet plan for controlling diabetes, Star has a blog for her favorite low-carb recipes as well as another blog that lets you track her progress controlling her disease.

19. LAURIE'S GARDEN

Laurie will make you think on a lot of levels about all sorts of subject, including diet and health.

20. AS WE WAIT IN JOYFUL HOPE

Paula is another one of those bloggers who writes about a lot of different topics, but weight loss and health are some of the foremost ones she blogs.

21. BARRY HUGHES

The lovable little fuzz ball Barry Hughes is a low-carb buddy with big hopes and dreams about weight loss nirvana--losing 200 pounds over the next year. It's not impossible and I admire his determination to make this happen with the healthy low-carb lifestyle. YOU CAN DO IT, Barry! Go get 'em tiger!

22. ANOTHER FAT CHIC

She's searching her way through the low-carb plans to find out which one will work for her. But this ain't just "another fat chic" without a purpose...she's dead-set on finding that plan that will work for her and then doing it for the rest of her life. GO FOR IT!!!

23. SCOTT'S LOW CARB BLOG

Scott blogs his low-carb thoughts and "other stuff."

24. LESLIE'S LOW-CARB LIFESTYLE

In November 2007, Leslie was a 23-year old woman weighing in at 267 pounds and said she's "sick and tired of being fat." So what did she do? She started livin' la vida low-carb, baby, and has lost 43 pounds to date. YEAH!!! This is one low-carb weight loss success I can't wait to see happen. NEVER GIVE UP, Leslie!!!

25. GOOD FOODS, GOOD LIFE

Maya is one truly amazing woman and I am happy to have her as a regular reader of my blog, listener of my podcast, and viewer of my YouTube videos. And she has quite a bit to say about low-carb living at her own blog.

26. LOST WEIGHT GOT RICH

James is a Costa Rican who decided to take his amazing weight loss story and combine it with his entrepreneurial experience to make a living in the diet and health industry. I can admire anyone who takes risks like this in pursuit of their dreams.

27. ATKINS NUTRITIONAL APPROACH

Christina is a young lady on a mission to tell the world about the wonderfully healthy Atkins low-carb nutritional approach. She realizes this is a lifestyle change and not some fly-by-night "fad" diet. You can learn a lot about low-carb from this very wise chick! :)

28. WHAT A TRANSFORMATION

GymRat does Atkins and has a knack for making you feel good about doing low-carb, too. Be inspired and encouraged in your own journey to better health.

29. MAINTAINING THE LOSER MENTALITY

Here's a lady who was pushing 300 pounds and lost over 170 pounds! What an amazing story she is and now she's "maintaining the loser mentality" to keep it off. WAY TO GO!

30. JOLLYBLOGGER

Have a holly jollyblogger! Okay, sorry, couldn't resist. :) This is one joyous blogger who writes about a lot of life stuff, but also hits low-carb every now and then, too.

31. SIMPLYSTRICK A PERSONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

Although he's not necessarily livin' la vida low-carb, this nearly 400-pounder is working his way down the scale with what he believes will work for him. I admire his tenacity because he reminds me of myself just four years ago. Go get 'em Strick!

32. WISHIN', HOPIN', & DREAMIN'

A very new Atkins dieter starting up this week, you gotta root for this person who is "wishin', hopin', and dreamin'" for weight loss and improved health. I have all the confidence in the world that wishes, hopes, and dreams will come true.

33. LOW CARB FOR YOU

I like what Stargazey says about this low-carb blog: "Low carb works if you're male or female, young or old, short or tall, rich or poor, morbidly obese or maintaining a normal weight. I don't want this blog to focus on me. I want it to focus on you and how the low carb way of life can work for you in your journey to good health!" I couldn't have said it better myself!

That's all the blogs I have for you at this time. As you know, I like sharing about the new low-carb blogs that keep coming out, so feel free to share any you see with me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. I'll be providing another great list of low-carb blogs soon. And see a full listing of low-carb blogs and web sites at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Links" blog.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I am smiling from ear to ear. Thank you for your kind words and for being such a beacon for so many on their way to the low carb life.

5/24/2008 10:01 PM  
Blogger Star said...

Thanks so much Jimmy for including me, you made my day! Your blog inspired me, thanks also for being the low carb go-to guy! Looking forward to checking out all the others you listed.

5/24/2008 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...Jimmy, I was scrolling down your list of blogs and the entire time thinking "please don't let mine be on there, please don't let mine be on there" and then bam! there it was! You have outed me! lol I'm teasin'. Really, what an honor to have made your list - I feel neither fabulous nor fun but I'll try a little harder now. lol As I told your dear wife, I am SO encouraged by your blog. I've read it off and on for about a year now, I guess, and it was you and your wife that helped to see that this can indeed be a permanent lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. I'm hoping that is what will make all the difference this time around. Thank you for all you do.

~Karen (aka: SassyChik)

5/24/2008 11:17 PM  
Blogger Dana Seilhan said...

OK, to be perfectly honest, Getting A Life is not just a low-carb blog. I will talk about low-carbing there... a lot, because I'm doing it. But it's about me getting my life on track in general, and sharing stuff that I learn along the way. So sometimes it looks like a personal finance blog, sometimes like a weight loss blog, and sometimes I'll talk about other stuff. But THANK YOU for the mention. I will link to you in my blogroll, too, even though you didn't ask. :)

5/25/2008 2:42 AM  
Blogger nale said...

Thanks Jimmy! Thank you for all of the support you and your blog have given me :)

5/25/2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Nancy Ellyn said...

Wow! What a surprise to my little blog full of random musings, videos, recipes and major silliness listed! What a nice compliment. Thanks Jimmy!

5/25/2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger The Vitamin Tutor said...

Thank you for the mention, Jimmy. :)

I'm continually updating and trying to improve my first blog.

It's not much yet but I hope it'll grow with time and will one day be a valuable resource much like yours ...

And now I'm off to your forum. Lots to catch up on. I love how active your forum is!

Be well,

Harry

5/25/2008 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seeing my blog on your list has inspired me to really take my Atkins resolve seriously. It's so easy to lose sight of what one is aiming for and I almost did. But seeing my blog on your list make feel that somehow I'm accountable because there might be people who are watching my progress. And that is inspiring! Thank you. :)

5/26/2008 6:50 AM  
Blogger The Bionic Broad said...

Thank you, Jimmy, for mentioning my blog. It's nice to know that someone other than family has actually read it. (lol)

5/26/2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger Vikki said...

Hey Jimmy,
What an honor it was to find my little page listed on your wonderful blog. Thank you so much. What a wonderful surprise it was to read my own name. Sorry this is late, I've posted it or tried on two seperate days guess I have a clitch somewhere. Thank you gain.
I am bless to have found your blog in the first place. It has help keep my motivation up. Helped keep me going. I'm down 49lbs and still working at it. It's been a slow journey for me, but I haven't given up. In a large part because of you and all the information, support and help you have given to us all. So please, please keep it up.
Vikki of vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com

5/27/2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Hey Jimmy, I've got to chime in and say thanks, too, for mentioning my blog. I'm having fun with it, and your mention was such a big boost, bless your bones! Your website is my go-to place, and I appreciate you more than you know.

Patty

lowcarbpatty.blogspot.com

5/28/2008 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home