MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Christian Radio Announcer Cindy Swanson's Interview And Blog Post About Low-Carb


Type 2 diabetic Cindy Swanson loves low-carb living

Sometimes it feels like I've been blogging about livin' la vida low-carb forever, but there was a life for me prior to my 180-pound weight loss and subsequent career path I am now enjoying. Looking back at all those old jobs I have had--customer service, retail, marketing, management, political writer, short order cook, busboy, and a lot more jobs that I don't care to even remember--all of them prepared me for the work I am doing now serving the needs of my readers and I am grateful for the training I received from each of those.

But there was one particular job that I especially enjoyed during the 1990s that has come in handy for my podcast show and other speaking engagements that I am able to do. I was an on-air radio personality at a contemporary Christian music radio station in Virginia Beach, VA and even hosted a weekly show featuring the top songs in Christian music called "The Christian Hits Countdown." Even then I was always trying to be creative and I dreamed of doing bigger and better things in the future. Today I am living that dream. :)

Doing radio sounds so easy--just sit in a comfortable chair behind a microphone, press the play button on the CD player and talk into the microphone every once in a while. But it's so much more than that as Cindy Swanson from Positive Hit Radio 101QFL in Rockford, IL can personally attest to. She's half of the morning team at the radio station and is very good at what she does. It looks like a simple job, but there are certain stresses that come with radio announcing that you don't even want to talk about (and it has nothing at all to do with that chatty listener who likes to call you every now and then to talk and talk and talk right in the middle of your show...did I mention they like to talk?).

Why am I sharing about a Christian radio announcer today? Because Cindy Swanson was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes last year and has become VERY interested in the healthy low-carb lifestyle. She found my blog from a recent post I did with former "Biggest Loser" contestant Julie Hadden and was curious to find out I am a Christian who likes many of the same Christian artists that she does (I list them under "Favorite Music" in my blog profile). So she contacted me and told me about her fabulous blog "Notes in the Key of Life".

I enjoyed reading her blog and requested an interview with her to discuss how she handled learning she has Type 2 diabetes and what plan of action she is taking to bring it under control (she's livin' la vida low-carb, baby!). I'll be sharing that interview at my podcast later this month. Cindy also asked if she could interview me for her weekend spotlight show and I was delighted to have the opportunity to share about my healthy low-carb weight loss success with her listeners. You can listen to the entire 20-minute interview Cindy conducted with me by clicking here.

Cindy was also kind enough to blog about me and the work I am doing on behalf of low-carb living and I am grateful for her kindness and support. She is the perfect example of someone who NEEDS to be livin' la vida low-carb to control her diabetes and help her shed the pounds. By the grace of God and His guidance in her life, I have no doubt that she will live a long and healthy life with her diabetes under control and at the weight she was meant to be.

THANK YOU Cindy for featuring my story at your blog and on your radio station there in Rockport, IL. I am honored to have readers like you out there championing the cause of Christ as well as the positive message of livin' la vida low-carb. I can't wait to share my interview with you and appreciate all of the kindness and support you have given me since we met two months ago. God bless you and keep doing the work of the Lord within your sphere of influence. I appreciate you!!! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Swanson said...

Thanks, Jimmy! I was so delighted to meet you over the phone and find out that you're as nice and charming as you seem on your blog. You and your blog are a true source of inspiration to me!

7/01/2008 7:47 PM  
Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Cindy - great interview with Jimmy. You have a beautiful, clear voice.

7/02/2008 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home