MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Friday, August 01, 2008

Blogger Locks Another Low-Carb Blog As 'Spam': Let's Help Get It Unlocked


Now look at the low-carber who's been blocked as "spam"

I am livid right now with the hosting site of my blogs right now and it has forced me to make a decision I really hoped I wouldn't have to make. But Blogger has really forced the issue now and I don't feel like I have much of a choice in the matter all things considered. More about that in a moment.

As you know, my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog was first identified by Blogger's robots as a "spam blog" back in April this year and it took nearly a week to get it back again. When your blog is locked by one of these computer robots automatically, you have to go through a rigorous waiting period until a real live human being can look at your blog and realize it is not "spam," but actually legitimate. Visitors coming to the blog wouldn't know that it's locked, but the owner is unable to make any new posts or changes until a Blogger representative bothers to take a look.

Adding insult to injury about my particular case is the fact that it was locked for a second time in less than a month AGAIN, although this time I got it to come back MUCH quicker because I had a Blogger employee name that I urged so many of you to write to. Thanks to the efforts of my faithful and dedicated supporters at my blog and on my other web sites, my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog was restored in just two days.

Now we have yet another low-carb blogger who has been locked out of her popular blog. It's Regina Wilshire at the "Weight of the Evidence" blog who informed me today that she has been identified by Blogger as a "spam" blog. This would be hilarious if it wasn't dead serious because Regina's blog has been a longtime source for quality low-carb research information well before Jimmy Moore was even on the scene. It's such a travesty that genuinely good bloggers are forced to endure this kind of aggravation.

To make matters worse, my "30-in-30" Low-Carb Weight Loss Challenge blog was also locked today, so it looks like Blogger is on the rampage again with the trigger-happy robots. This is utterly stupid if you ask me and I would like to ask for your help yet again. As of the writing of this blog post, it's late on Friday afternoon. So nothing may come of this until Monday. But it's worth a shot for Regina's sake.

The last time I asked for your help with unlocking my blog, I gave you the name and e-mail address of the Blogger employee who was the first one to unlock my blog. His name is Mishka and his direct e-mail address is mishkablogger@yahoo.com. In your e-mail, kindly request that the URLs WeightOfTheEvidence.blogspot.com and 30-in-30.blogspot.com be unlocked since they are not "spam" blogs. Thank him for his prompt attention to this and express your personal experiences reading these sites. If all goes well, then Regina should be back up and running by Monday. And the same with my "30-in-30" blog.

THANK YOU again for your help everyone! You are the best!

So what am I contemplating doing? Right now I'm moving all of my posts from Blogger over the WordPress and will make a decision soon about making my new permanent blog home over there. You never hear about any issues like this over there, so it's looking more and more appealing by the moment. I'll let you know if and when that will happen, so don't worry. THANKS again for your support!

8-2-08 UPDATE: Well, YOU DID IT!!! Both my "30-in-30" blog and Regina's blog are now back...but neither of us is happy with Blogger right now. That's why we're moving to WordPress and you'll be hearing more about that soon. In the meantime, check out Regina's new address at WeightOfTheEvidence.com.

Labels: , , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Charles Sebold said...

Wordpress is very nice; you won't regret it.

8/01/2008 3:53 PM  
Blogger . said...

Wow Jimmy - Thanks!

I do appreciate the help!

8/01/2008 6:08 PM  
Blogger The Vitamin Tutor said...

I sent a respectful e-mail. I hope it helps. :)

8/01/2008 8:43 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS so much! My 30-in-30 blog is already back...I have e-mailed Regina Wilshire to see if her blog is back already. Wouldn't that be GREAT?! :)

8/01/2008 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WordPress is nice, I am happy with it. :)

8/01/2008 10:49 PM  
Blogger chipbennett said...

Jimmy, you'll love WordPress. It is *much* better than Blogger, by far.

That said, as serious of a blogger as you are, you really should consider hosting your own WordPress installation. Then you wouldn't have to worry about any outages, robot-locking incidents, etc. - and you'll have much more control over your theme and plugins.

Best of luck, and God Bless (do those really go together?)

8/01/2008 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with chipbennet. You and Regina have far too large a faithful following to be mucking around with hosted blogging services like Blogger. You guys really need a quality hosted domain account and your own implementation of blogging software like Wordpress. Then you (or your tech person) controls just about every aspect, and you should never be blocked in such a way again.

8/02/2008 2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like regina's blog is up again. A lot of my friends use Wordpress and it seems to do the trick for them, although I like the look and feel of Blogger templates more. Good luck!

8/02/2008 9:27 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

That's what is weird, JayCee! The blog doesn't go down when it gets locked as "spam." So the readers are left wondering why there are no new posts. The author of the blog is powerless to this and it's just wrong. I'm working diligently to move everything to WordPress as we speak.

8/02/2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Levi!

8/02/2008 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I see your point! Dem that sucks and its so unnessesary.

Sometimes I cannot wonder to think if its not "some powers in charge" doing things like this to force people with very successful blogs to go the more expensive "pay" road or to buy a domain name from them. Anyhows - good luck man!

8/02/2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger Eric Edberg said...

Hi Jimmy--

I know a LOT of good blogs have been locked by Blogger's new algorhythm for identifying "spam" blogs. From what I have been reading, it is happening to all sorts of blogs which contain a large number of ads.

My personal blog is still on Blogger because it's always been there, but I use Wordpress for class blogs because it has so many more features. And I'm going to be changing my entire website to Wordpress, and redirect my (currently small) blog traffic there.

But I sure won't host it on Wordpress.com!

You may already aware of this, but just in case, and for the benefit of other loyal readers:

The VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember is that if you host a blog (i.e., one with ads) on Wordpress.com itself, you CANNOT post ANY ads, unless you have been accepted to the $500/month VIP service. If you create a Wordpress.com-hosted commercial blog, it will get deleted very quickly.

As mentioned by other posters, there are many relatively low-cost hosting services in which you can install the Wordpress software (and some that have it preinstalled or will install it for you).

There's a list of recommended hosts at http://wordpress.org/hosting/.

Free hosting services like Blogger are great for personal blogs and for getting started. Once a blog is an important revenue stream, it's important to get total control of it.

8/02/2008 11:30 AM  
Blogger Human Microbiome Search Engine said...

Just curious ... what was it about your blog that upset the Google algorithm? Too many ads as a ratio to non-advertising content?

8/02/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

They never told me, Jim. So I dunno.

8/02/2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger Cahya said...

Blogger is just so so.
I'll try to make in the wordpress.

8/03/2008 3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did your Blogger connection tell you why your blog was flagged as spam or give you an idea why? Free blogs have their limits which is why you probably went to Wordpress which i have been using for 3 years now. I guess I like it because it's all I know. I was intimidated by it at first but now its like an old pair of loafers.

2/27/2009 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home