MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

LowCarb Energy Magazine Names The Best Low-Carb Blogs Of 2005


New issue of LowCarb Energy features top 3 low-carb blogs of 2005

Hot off the presses today is the latest issue of LowCarb Energy magazine.

On the front cover, there is a picture of a delectably mouthwatering chocolate cream pie that you will immediately turn to page 71 to find the recipe to. But, before you start cooking this delightful dessert dish, let me invite you to check out page 8 where they name their annual "Best of Blogs 2005."

LowCarb Energy listed the three blogs that "draw us back time and time again with their freshness, insight and information":

1. SUGAR SHOCK!

My friend Connie Bennett's blog about the dangers of sugar made the list of top blogs. They describe the blog as "very well-written, sometimes edgy and always worth a daily read." I have grown to know Connie personally through my friendship with her in the past few months at LowCarbNewsline.com and LowCarb Energy doesn't even know the half of it about this woman! LOL! She is very savvy and passionate about eliminating sugar and sugar alternatives from every aspect of our life. I am proud to say I know Connie and I congratulate her on making this prestigious list. WAY TO GO, CONNIE!!!

2. Low-Carb Freedom

Another new friend I met this year also made the list of top blogs according to LowCarb Energy -- Katherine Prouty. A 50-pound low-carb weight loss success story, they note that she "keeps us updated on low-carb products and services" with content that is "thought-provoking and always full of useful gems." Katherine was one of the first blogs that I started reading when I decided to start my own blog and she was an inspiration to me with the professionalism and thoroughness she took to making her blog the best it can be. Again, CONGRATULATIONS Katherine for being named in the top three blogs of 2005!

3. Livin' La Vida Low-Carb

Say who, what, where, why, when, how? Whoa, wait a minute! That's MY blog! Of all the low-carb blogs out there in the blogosphere, LowCarb Energy magazine names this little hobby of mine in their top three?! They describe me as "a low-carb legend" (in my own mind, maybe -- LOL!) who is "on a mission to help others attain the health and vigor he now enjoys." They add, "He's a direct and wisely opinionated voice we like to hear." Gee, thanks! I don't like to mince words, that's for sure! :-)

WOW! What an honor it is to be listed among the best of the best low-carb blogs. I am truly humbled by this and cannot thank LowCarb Energy enough for recognizing the efforts I have invested into my blog. Thanks also to my friend Carla Gray, who also happened to write an article in this issue of LowCarbEnergy on page 22 about low-carb and fast food, for informing me that I made the list.

Since I launched in April 2005, I have probably put in about 1500-2000 hours of time into making this blog the best it can possibly be. With more than 50,000 pageviews over that time period, I am privileged to be doing this as a labor of love on behalf of the low-carb lifestyle and for those who have chosen to do this miraculous way of eating for themselves.

Go out to your local pharmacy or bookstore and pick up your copy of LowCarb Energy magazine. You have to check out the EXCELLENT story on page 80 with the winner of NBC's "The Biggest Loser" from Season One Ryan Benson. Did you know he is low-carbin' it to keep the 122 pounds he lost off for good?!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Hey Jimmy, congrats to Connie, Catherine and you. I get paid tomorrow and I will be ordering your book. (Had a serious budget deficit this month so I couldn't order it until I got paid.)

10/20/2005 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home