MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It Seems Like Everyone Around Me Is Losing Weight, Getting Healthy On Low-Carb

Do you sometimes get the feeling that everybody you know is livin' la vida low-carb? Your family, your friends, your neighbors, people at your church--THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! It seems good news can travel fast when people discover this amazingly healthy way of eating for themselves and realize all the grave concerns they heard about it was nothing more than a bunch of jealous airbags with an axe to grind against the low-carb lifestyle for whatever reason!

One of my readers e-mailed me recently about this happening in her life. She said she enjoys reading my blog and checks it often for encouragement and information about low-carb living. THANK YOU! I'm happy to be a small part of your day. :)

She lost 75 pounds on low-carb and has kept it off for the past year. She proudly declared to the question about whether this diet really works or not with an enthusiastic, "YES IT DOES!!!"

"Not only for appearance but my general health is better than on any other eating plan I’ve been on during my 58 years on Earth. And I’ve tried them all, too--vegetarian, low-calorie (Weight Watchers), low-fat, liquid diets, etc. I lost on Weight Watchers but I just couldn’t maintain the weight loss and gained it all back. I’m not dissing the Weight Watchers program as it is a good well-balanced plan, just not for me."

Actually Weight Watchers has a "low-carb" plan that they promote now for some of their members, which is pretty funny when you think about it. For the longest time, they talked about low-fat/low-calorie/portion-controlled dieting as the ONLY way to weight loss. Now they're singing a different tune since so many people are finding success on a low-carb nutritional approach.

My reader said the Atkins diet makes her "full, satisfied and healthy" and she no longer suffers from a weak immune system or lack of get-up-and-go.

"I’m not getting colds as often, no headaches, many aches and pains GONE," she wrote. "I’m full of energy and enthusiasm for life."

Regarding the lasting impact she has had among her sphere of influence since displaying such a "huge improvement" for the better as a result of being on the low-carb lifestyle, here are just a few of the people in her life who have started their own low-carb plan with amazing results:

- My husband lost 60 pounds. His sleep apnea is GONE. Snoring that was once so bad I considered moving into another room is now minimal. Acid reflux GONE. He would eat Tums and even prescription drugs like they were candy and still have problems. He is able to sleep at night now and finds his energy level during the daytime is very high. Pre-diabetic blood work is now well into the normal range. Finally, his triglycerides dropped by more than 100 points.

- My best friend lost 30 pounds and her mood swings are GONE.

- A male friend of mine lost 25 pounds and is now off all blood pressure medications. He feels better than he has in years and never thought he'd ever be off of his medicine completely.

- My male friend's wife lost 20 pounds and is back to her pre-marriage weight from two decades ago. She feels fantastic and is full of energy again. Best of all, her self-esteem is back which helps her confidence when she is pitching her advertising ideas at work.


WOW, that's some list of low-carb success stories you got there! What an amazing thing it must be to have so many people you can go talk to about your experiences anytime because we can all learn from each other. That's why so many people come to my blog because they don't have those people they can turn to for encouragement and affirmation about their lifestyle change. They're going it alone for the most part and it can be lonely. That's one reason I started my blog to act as a haven for people like that. I'm glad to be here even if nobody else is there because you need that support.

The reader goes on to say how much they enjoy "NOT counting calories, NOT buying the crappy low-fat products" and finally getting it through their thick skulls that fat won't make you fat. Don't feel bad, I believed that once in a former life, too! :-O

That kind of thinking is long gone now...

"There is just nothing better than a big steak on the grill with sautéed mushrooms and a salad with Blue Cheese dressing and maybe some scallops for an appetizer and a crustless Ricotta cheese pie made with Splenda and maybe even a Martini and STILL not gain weight. Life is good Livin' La Vida Low Carb, ain't it?!"

Mmmm, can I come by for dinner at YOUR house? Hee hee! That sounds like an amazing meal! She even relayed in her e-mail to me that even her pre-diabetic boss is asking about her low-carb lifestyle now.

"I gave him my Atkins book to read and explained to him that 'it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.' Now where have I heard that before? LOL!"

Yeah, I hammer that point pretty hard, don't I?! But it's true and you and your friends are living proof of that. Let me know how that boss of yours progresses with his low-carb plan. We may need to add him to your ever-growing list of low-carb converts. FANTASTIC JOB!!! Keep up the outstanding work you are doing influencing the culture around you.

At the end of the e-mail, this very kind person had some nice things to say about how I have helped her stay on course with her low-carb plan even as she was serving as an example for everyone else.

"Thank you, Jimmy, for being there and facing all the really tough subjects face on. You have definitely helped me stay on track over the last several months."

It is my pleasure and I really do it out of a heart of gratitude for the change that has happened in my life. There is no doubt about it, a major weight loss like I experienced will radically alter the course of your life forever. I can't help but be ethusiastic about low-carb living because that's what not only helped me lose nearly 200 pounds, but it is also what I'm using to KEEP the weight off for good. Do you know how amazing that feels?! Well, actually, yes you do because you did it, too!

CONGRATULATIONS on your own low-carb weight loss success and for influencing so many people with your example. I'm happy to be an inspiration to you and I urge you to just keep on livin' la vida low-carb.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

I liked this blog entry.

It's very positive and encouraging!

Dave

10/25/2006 1:07 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Dave! That's the theme of EVERYTHING I try to do here. :D

10/25/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Odille said...

I have lost 29kgs (65 lbs) on low carb and am going for another 35 kgs or so.
Like this lady, my health has omproved out of sight.
Blood Pressure: PreLC 190+/100+; now high 110s/high70s
Migraines: suffered all my life from 3 years old, 1-3 a week. Not ONE in 13 months on low carb.
Incipient arthritis: Constant joint pains and acute pains in feet on rising; now 'what pain?'
Indigestion/acid reflux: constant after most foods. I thought it was fat, but now it is totally gone - UNLESS I EAT BREAD!
Depression: I was always depressed and gloomy. Now I'm back to my old optimistic self
Exhaustion: Woke up late and tired, fell asleep after lunch, could barely stay awake until 7pm. Now, up at 4.30 am and energetic all day. Go to bed at 8.30pm.
I think many of my problems were caused by an undiagnosed gluten intolerance, and in view of other people's similar stories everywhere, I just do not think our bodies were ever designed to cope with even reasonable levels of gluten in the diet.
I bless Dr Atkins every day of my life, and I just regret it took me 53 yeasr to find Low carb.

10/25/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home