MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Special Welcome To WSPA-TV Viewers


Hey there to everyone visiting from the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area

I told my regular readers earlier this week that I would be appearing on my local CBS television news affiliate today in the Upstate area of South Carolina and indeed it happened. WSPA-TV reporter Carrie Davis and her cameraman came by my house around 8:30am this morning and interviewed me about my weight loss, book, blog, and podcast show. They were very pleasant and spent about 40 minutes filming me.

If you are brand new to the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, then let me officially welcome you and invite you to browse around the archives of over 1600 blog posts on the lower right-hand side of the blog. I live on the west side of Spartanburg and really did lose nearly 200 pounds on the Atkins diet in 2004 and kept it off ever since. Please e-mail me with your questions or comments about livin' la vida low-carb at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Carrie did a fabulous job with the interview and even posted this outstanding story about it on the WSPA web site. There is even a place at the bottom of the article inviting comments from people to share what they think about my low-carb weight loss story. I invite you to say lots of nice things about me. LOL! Just kidding.

Hey, just be honest! If you think I'm a nut case (no, not you Christine--my wife was licking her chops on that one!), then share away to your heart's content. Or if you are inspired and have been encouraged in some way by what I do, then share that, too! Let's flood the WSPA comment board with LOTS of comments! :D

Here are a couple of quotes from my interview she posted:

"People lack inspiration when it comes to weight loss and I think they want to know somebody else has done it and well..here I am. I did it so can you."

"People have to find what works for them. Do it exactly as prescribed and then keep doing that for the rest of their life."

Hmmm, have you heard those comments somewhere before? I can't imagine where! :D

Special thanks to Carrie Davis for crafting a wonderful segment about the work I am doing right here in Spartanburg, South Carolina to spread the good news about the low-carb life. Please show your appreciation to her for conducting a positive story on an Atkins/low-carb weight loss success. E-mail her at cdavis@wspa.com. We need more exposure for encouraging stories of success rather than the constant bashing from people who oppose this way of life.

THANKS so much for visiting and ya'll come back now ya hear! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Gary,

Scroll down the blog a little...I've covered the JAMA study in SEVERAL posts already and I'm not done yet. :)

3/07/2007 9:24 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Hey Jimmy, I been wanting to show you this, or actually it just came to me. I sent it to Connie and her group that is closing just now.http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sugar_Addiction-/

It doesn't matter if you post this or not, I just wanted you to see it.
Tom

3/08/2007 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home