MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Telephone Call To Encourage Radio Talk Show Host Mike Gallagher About His Weight


Popular talk show host and FOX News contributor worried about weight

What's going on with radio talk show hosts lately obsessing weight loss?

First you've got Rush Limbaugh bragging about his fast weight loss following his calorie-restricted diet plan which he has since revealed is the Nutrisystem program (which has a lower-carb option that I think he's using). Good for him finding something that he can implement as part of his regular routine.

Then today I was listening to The Mike Gallagher Show when the host Mike Gallagher started talking towards the end of his program about his uncontrollable urge to eat, eat, eat lately. He remarked how the weight loss he experienced last year is all gone and now he's ballooning back up again.

In fact, he admitted eating FOUR COOKIES in one sitting during his show today while bemoaning why he has gained back all the weight he previously lost on Weight Watchers. It was very hard for me to hear him struggling with something that once had such a firm grip on my life, too.


Here's a picture of Mike Gallagher after his 40-pound weight loss in 2006

Hearing Gallagher pour out his heart about how difficult getting a handle on his weight has been really struck me to the core and I felt compelled to try to help him in some small way. It's not an easy road thinking you have to count calories, watch portion sizes, limit your favorite foods, and all the other things that most people think they have to do to get and stay fit and trim.

You may have heard Mike Gallagher on the radio or seen him on television since he is a regular contributor on the FOX News Channel. He was discussing today how his agent put together a press package for him with video from his appearances and he was shocked. It's funny how seeing yourself in pictures and video can shake you into reality about your weight problem. I believe that's what happened to Gallagher today.

See for yourself if you agree with his weight concerns by watching this short clip of Gallagher in action on FOX News (ignore the content of his comments if they are offensive to you...that's not the point of this post so don't give me any grief about it!):



Obviously, Gallagher is quite upset about this (rightfully so) and cried out for help as his show was ending today. My wife Christine said, "Jimmy, you need to call Mike and encourage him with your weight loss success story." When she said that, I had just finished sending an e-mail to him through his web site, but I decided to call his show as well.

Fortunately, I got right through and I was on the air in less than a minute. A gentleman who had lost 30 pounds was on the line just before me talking with Gallagher about what he thought would help the downtrodden host. But then I got my chance to have the last work with him before the show ended.

"Next up on The Mike Gallagher Show we've got Jimmy who lost how much weight?" Gallagher exclaimed.

I responded, "190 pounds, Mike!" He was amazed and wanted to know what I did. I explained that I started on the Atkins diet in 2004 by permanently changing my habits to something I felt I could do forever for me. Clearly, Gallagher was amazed by my tremendous success.

When he asked how I've been able to keep the weight off, I told him what I've told you here at my blog so many times.

"Find something that will work for you, follow that plan exactly, and then keep doing it for the rest of your life," I told him.

Sharing how despondent he was about his current situation, Gallagher was appreciative of my inspiring story and I was happy to provide what I hope was a small glimmer of hope for him as he begins anew on this journey towards better health.

Mike, you can do this and I am here to cheer you on all the way! Don't EVER give up and just stay in the game. Your career is at a point where it is in your best interest to stay in the best shape of your life for the sake of your health. I'm proud of you for recognizing your need to get a handle on this now before it's too late. Now GO FOR IT!!!

Feel free to share your encouragement and positive reinforcement for Mike Gallagher as he continues down this weight loss adventure by clicking here. Let's give him a warm, loving, and receptive "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" welcome, ya'll. We already KNOW how hard it is, but we also KNOW how the low-carb lifestyle changed our lives for the better.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert Angel said...

Jimmy I love you blog but I will never give support of any kind to a Donald Rumsfeld defender. "Hey Gallagher, Jerry Falwell is waitn' for you." That is all the help I will give him.

5/17/2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Robert! But as I stated in my post, this isn't about the politics of Mike Gallagher, but rather his weight loss struggles.

While I can appreciate that we all come from different perspectives, I would respectfully ask that we all stick with discussing diet and health in this forum.

THANKS for honoring my request.

5/17/2007 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Mike talk on his show about Weight Watchers (He did not name the program)and how it really works.
I was on WW and got off track about a year ago. It worked when I was on it. In fact that was the only program that worked for me.
So the day after the show - Friday Am I joined WW again and on my way too!! Way to go Mike, Thanks for the encouragement Jimmy,

9/25/2012 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home