MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jimmy Moore Appearing On WBTC LIVE

Just a quick heads-up and sorry about the last minute notice, but I'm gonna be on the radio in the Cleveland, Ohio area on Thursday morning, June 28, 2007 at 10:00am EST. The station is WBTC LIVE 1540 AM and can be heard in the east central portion of Ohio which covers parts of five counties.

For those of you who do not live in that area, you can listen to the show online at the radio station's web site and click on the "LISTEN NOW - LIVE" link.

I know that's early for those of you on the West Coast and in the middle of the morning for people on the East Coast. But I hope you can tune in for the one-hour show about Jimmy Moore and "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb."

The host of the Dial & Speak radio show I will be on is Andrea Fanti who conducts interviews with all kinds of people and topics ranging from authors and politicians to highlighting new businesses and local agencies, libraries, school systems, and more. It's quite an eclectic program that has a loyal following.

She usually splits the show into two half-hour segments, but wants me on for the full hour to talk about the health benefits of livin' la vida low-carb. This should be FUN! ;)

I hope you get a chance to listen. Let me know what you thought about the show if you get a chance to hear it LIVE in Ohio or online. SEE YA!

6-28-07 UPDATE: Man, that interview was a LOAD of fun! It was so gratifying to articulate the principles of livin' la vida low-carb over the airwaves in Ohio. YEAH! That call from one of my readers in Mississippi was AWESOME and I meant every word I said about the response people have given me about my blog. THANK YOU! :)

Special thanks to Andrea Fanti for having me on her show today and for her graciousness in allowing me to share my perspective to her listeners. She reads this blog daily (HEY ANDREA!) and was very kind to give me such a platform.

For those of you who missed the show, I recorded it using my cheap-o digital recorder. I'll see if it will be available for download or if I can get permission to run it on my podcast show. Let me see what Andrea has to say.

Again, THANK YOU to everyone who listened and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Incidentally, here are some pertinent links to things we discussed:

- Francis Simun Bakery bread
- ChocoPerfection low-carb chocolate bars
- Study by Dr. Jeff Volek and Dr. Stephen Phinney on saturated fat
- Study by Dr. Richard Feinman who found vegetable consumption doubles on a low-carb diet
- Dana Carpender's latest low-carb cookbook, Every Calorie Counts
- Judy Barnes Baker's CARB WARS
- Jimmy Moore's podcast show
- Jimmy Moore's book, Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey From Flabby Fat To Sensationally Skinny In One Year

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

I have been listening to the radio station for about a half an hour, I got my hours mixed up and thought you were on an hour before you were supposed to be so I turned it on an hour early. They are really giving you great promos -Activist-Writer-Book Author-and Blogger in the area of nutrition,etc etc-Jimmy Moore!

Super! I'm patiently waiting for your show. You were really "there" and perfectly natural and came off really well when you did the documentary so I'm sure this is going to be a memorable show. A whole hour! Congratulations Jimmy, you are leading the pack and you are doing a great job of it! Keep it up!

6/28/2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Loved it! Great interview.

6/28/2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just listened to the broadcast online. I came across your blog just this morning. What's the difference between Atkins and Kimmkins?

6/28/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger HeavenlyCabins said...

HEY JIMMY,
When I logged onto your blog this morning - I was so disappointed because it was 10:30 and I thought that I had missed the radio show.. Thankfully, I was fortunate enough to catch the last half of the show - didn't realize that it was a full hour..

That's awesome, you did an excellent job, as always of articulating low carb and all the benefits... You were able to give so many great resources for low carb products and recipes..

Cheryl
http://livingleanforlife.blogspot.com

6/28/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Madeline Mason said...

Hey Jimmy! Loved your interview this morning! You are an inspiration to us all!

Will there be a transcript or podcast of this interview for my friends who missed it? (Or so I can listen to it again?)

Thanks for the fabulous job you do on your blog. I love it!

Madeline Mason
New York

6/28/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for listening, Tom, although you were a bit early. :D

Glad you liked it, too, Peg!

Welcome Jill! Atkins and Kimkins are both low-carb diets, but allow varying amounts of fat (a little more with Atkins, a little less with Kimkins). I lost 180 pounds on Atkins in 2004 and I'm in the midst of losing 50 pounds in 2007.

Sorry you missed the first half of the interview, Cheryl. I'm working on getting the audio on my blog or podcast show. My cell phone was breaking up a lot in that part of the interview, so the second half was audibly superior. :D

Madeline, I don't think a transcript will be available (unless you want to write it out--HA!). It can take days to write out a transcript (trust me, I've done it with my Ornish interview). But the podcast rebroadcast is a possibility. Let me see what Andrea says.

THANK YOU for your support. I appreciate it more than you know!

6/28/2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger Mike Perry said...

Congrats on your interview - not that I heard it as I'm in the UK but it's good to read of blogging success stories.

Many thanks for your comment on my blog - very helpful.

Best wishes,
Mike.

6/28/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS, Mike! You have a GREAT blog yourself and I wish you well in your blogging career! THANK YOU for stopping by!

6/28/2007 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home