MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Sneak Peek At The Kimmer Interview Questions

The time has arrived for the mysterious woman known as Kimmer to be heard for the first time ever in any media outlet to discuss the concerns about her and the Kimkins diet she created. My big interview with her begins Thursday on "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" podcast.

This is a worldwide exclusive interview with the woman at the heart of a storm of controversy right now in the low-carb world and she shared quite candidly with me on Monday afternoon for over 75 minutes. The full interview will air the rest of this month in 15-minute segments over the next five podcast shows (Episodes 70-74).

As you know, I had a week-long open invitation to ANYONE who wanted to have me ask Kimmer a question to submit it to me via e-mail. Many of you did that and I appreciate each one.

If you sent a question, then I asked Kimmer about it! But if you didn't send a question, then don't cry to me that I didn't ask it. You had your chance.

The following is a sneak peek at the Kimmer interview questions I asked:

When did your weight loss journey begin, how long did it take for you to lose the weight, and how long have you kept the weight off? Please share with us your beginning weight, ending weight and how much you weigh today.

What were those early days on the Low-Carb Friends Forum like for you posting about your incredible weight loss success?

How did getting banned from Low-Carb Friends make you feel and was it your impetus for creating a brand new Kimkins web site where people who wanted to follow your plan could gather?

Is Kimkins simply a low or moderate fat, calorie-controlled, "Atkins" food plan?

How is your plan different from very-low-calorie eating anorexics? Explain why eating less than 1000 calories a day is healthy.

Why do you count fiber on a low-carb diet like Kimkins and aren't you just reducing the amount of fiber people should be eating for a healthy diet?

How many calories, carbs, fat, and protein do you currently eat to maintain your weight?

Is Kimkins safe during pregnancy?

Is it safe to lose as much weight as you do on Kimkins in such a short amount of time? Is the Kimkins diet safe to do over the long-term?

You encourage a multivitamin in your diet, but this leaves the door open for omega-3 essential fatty acid deficiency. How do people following Kimkins get these in their diet?

Do you have a medical disclaimer on your web site?

Have any doctors or other medical professionals endorsed the Kimkins diet?

You state that the Kimkins diet is "perfect for all diabetics" but neglect to address the issue of medication adjustments especially for people with Type 2 who can usually come completely off of their diabetes medicine after commencing a low-carb diet. What evidence do you have that Kimkins is healthy for any diabetic and are you concerned that someone following your diet may become overdosed and/or hypoglycemic as a result?

For $59.95, what do you get when someone joins Kimkins that you can't find in your local library for free?

Why don't you come out in the open and show off the 200-pound weight loss success to the whole world?

Will you tell us what you real name is so we can end this guessing game once and for all?

Is that a picture of you in the blue sweater with the sunglasses and big hair on Classmates.com under the name Heidi (Miller) Diaz? If so, then why won't you update that picture to reflect your weight loss?

Concerns that you fabricated the new "after" picture of you in a red dress appearing on the Kimkins site abound. It doesn't look like the face and body of a 49-year old woman. Instead, the woman in that picture looks like she is in her early 30's. Are you still claiming that picture is you or do you admit it is someone else?

What about some of the success stories you had posted on your Kimkins web site that have since been taken down. Why did you remove them if they were real and you knew they were real?

If it is difficult for you to be in public or in the presence of other people, then how is it that work for the foster care system and take in troubled children while also doing volunteer work and taking care of your boys? Plus, don't you have to meet new people all the time, including the people in the foster care system checking up on the children you love and care for?

Can you confirm whether any celebrities have been on the Kimkins diet?

Have you ever had an eating disorder?

Did you refuse to meet with Christin the week she was being photographed for the cover of Woman's World magazine?

Is there are reason why you have refused to meet with me or some other member of the low-carb community for a face-to-face meeting at no cost to you just to set the record straight and confirm you are who you say you are?

Do you have any regrets about what you have done regarding Kimkins and are you tempted just to sell the web site just to be done with all the questions?


As you can see, there were some rather direct and tough questions interspersed in the interview and Kimmer got down to business and answered them all. Some of her responses will probably surprise you, so I encourage you to listen to all five podcast shows. She revealed much more than I expected!

I tried to be very cordial to Kimmer during the interview just as I was to Dr. Dean Ornish last year when I spoke with him in an interview for my blog. No good purpose ever comes out of seeking to "get" a person you interview. I simply asked the questions you had for her and tried to make Kimmer feel comfortable enough to answer them all.

To her credit, she did.

While she has still declined my invitation for a face-to-face meeting, Kimmer left the door of possibility open for that to happen sometime in the future. She has her reasons and I respect her decision to live her own life as she sees fit.

ENJOY the interview and share your feedback about it at TheLivinLowCarbShow.com.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Vesna VK said...

"If you sent a question, then I asked Kimmer about it! But if you didn't send a question, then don't cry to me that I didn't ask it. You had your chance."

This seems unnecessarily hostile. You didn't announce this on your podcast until after the question period was over. You made a similar hostile remark on the podcast, also. That was the first I'd heard of it.

7/18/2007 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This oughta be reeeaaal good. There were some GREAT questions! Can't wait to hear the interviews. Thanks, Jimmy for all you're doing for us! You are THE man!

7/19/2007 12:39 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I look forward to the interview, perhaps it may answer some questions but at this stage a face to face is the only thing that's really going to cut it.

7/19/2007 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jimmy: Will you be able to do a transcript? I don't have computer speakers, so I can't listen to the podcast, but I'm very interested. Thanks for your consideration.

7/19/2007 1:46 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Unfortunately, Bella, there will not be any transcripts for this podcast. I don't have time to type them out (would take days for the entire interview) and I'm headed out for St. Louis this weekend. Sorry!

Here's a good reason to go get you some speakers. :D

7/19/2007 5:26 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Sue, I'm still desiring a face-to-face and she talks about that in the interview. I wouldn't totally discount what she has to say in this podcast show, though, because she address MANY of the questions about her diet and even herself. I know people want Kimmer to make a grand appearance, but you need to hear what she says about the other "questions" out there, too. Illuminating!

7/19/2007 5:29 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Weasel,

THANKS for your comments and I'm sorry you believe I didn't give you a chance to submit your questions in time for the interview.

But I disagree.

First, I put out the call last Thursday at the end of Episode 68 of my podcast show for anyone to send me questions for Kimmer. I didn't record the interview until Monday afternoon.

Additionally, as I noted, there was an entire week before that given to allow my blog readers to share their questions as per this blog post from nearly two weeks ago on July 6.

If you are a regular reader of my blog or tune in to my podcast show consistently, then there was no excuse for missing this call to action.

I'm sorry you felt I was being "hostile" by stating what I did, but that's not at all what it was. Instead, I was simply being firm about this issue to preempt anyone claiming I did not give them a fair chance to ask their question.

As you can see from the questions, I was more than fair.

THANK YOU again for your comments and I hope you enjoy the interview! :)

7/19/2007 5:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

224. :*p

7/19/2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

GREAT JOB, Gary! I'm at 216.2. :)

7/19/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger ~kp said...

"Boo Hoo on you" LOVE IT! Great job, Jimmy--left 'em wanting more! Can't wait to hear the rest!

7/19/2007 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until she shows her face and stops being so secretive, I don't lend her any credit.

7/20/2007 12:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everyone lighten up....do the diet or not!!!

Dont be a hater...jeese

Thank you Jimmy for the great interview...and thank you KIMMER!! :)

7/20/2007 8:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah Jimmy, so what are your stats now?

Body Fat %?
Lean Body Mass?


Without a doubt, I think its fair to say that you do lose muscle on Kimkins, no matter how much protein you get?

7/26/2007 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home