MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, July 23, 2007

We Are Enjoying Our Time Away In Missouri


Christine and I had a good time at Ryan's in St. Louis, MO on Saturday

If you haven't noticed, I'm not blogging as much as normal this week because I'm on vacation in St. Louis, Missouri. Christine and I are enjoying a few days of rest and relaxation away from all the cares and worries of the world to rejuvenate and recharge ourselves. As I've gotten older, spending this kind of quality time together has become more of a priority than ever before.

Our Saturday meetup and get-together at Ryan's was eventful, though. There was some confusion by the staff about it and they turned several people away who said they were looking for me. Um, Jimmy who? Yikes! Read all about this experience in my fellow blogger Amy Dungan's Healthy Low-Carb Living Blog.

It was great meeting Amy and her family as well as Lisa! I heard several people came, but left when they thought I wasn't there. Sorry about the communication problem with the manager there. It's a good lesson learned for the next time I do one of these events.

As for our time here in Missouri, Christine and I FINALLY got some news about why we haven't been able to have kids yet. As I've blogged about before, we have been married nearly 12 years (our anniversary is August 5th) and still haven't been able to have kids. We really would like to have a little Moore running around the house, but it just hasn't happened in God's perfect timing for us yet.

During our visit here, we saw a doctor who evaluated both of us and discovered we BOTH have issues that could be the culprit in our childlessness. My sperm count is high, but the quality sperm is extremely low. Christine's issue is a slight case of endometriosis which causes her pain.

We are in the process of deciding how to treat both of these and go through the process of in vitro fertilization (IVF). It's not gonna be cheap, but we're ready to have children. We're in our mid-30's and NOW is the time to do this. We'd appreciate your prayers and support for us as we go through this process.

I'll be blogging as much as I can over the next few days while we are still away. We'll be flying back home to Spartanburg, South Carolina on Thursday afternoon, so I'll be back in the saddle on Friday. THANKS for your faithfulness to the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog and I'll see ya later! :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger l4k said...

My wife suspected she had endometriosis and the doctor was in no hurry to do anything about it. My wife had to insist that he go in and take a look. Once he did, he found more than a mild case (especially at her age of 34). Once the endometriosis was removed, we no longer had any problems getting pregnant. If your wife has had any mis-carriages and now can't get pregnant, it might be due to the endometriosis. Oh and he now have two beautiful daughters. Good luck.

7/24/2007 4:59 PM  
Blogger Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

Praying for you, your wife, and your future children.

7/24/2007 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home