MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, August 09, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 76: My 'Lost' ASBP Interview With Dr. Allen Rader

Do you remember the series of interviews I conducted with those fantastic obesity doctors a few months ago? It was truly an honor to come face-to-face with some of the best and brightest minds in the field of bariatrics during my trip to the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP) obesity conference in Nashville, Tennessee back in May. If you missed any of them because you are new to my blog or haven't been here in a while, then just click on the links below to check 'em all out (they're REALLY good and the feedback to them has been overwhelmingly positive!):

- Dr. Scott Rigden
- Dr. Mike Kennedy
- Dr. Larry Richardson
- Dr. Joan Temmerman
- Dr. Kurt Kraft
- Dr. Eric Westman
- Dr. Denise Bruner
- Dr. Mary Vernon

Lost in the shuffle of all these interviews was one that somehow didn't make it. I thought there was supposed to be another one, but that weekend was such a blur it went by so fast. Not thinking much about it, I moved on with the podcast show until last week I noticed a file on my desktop with the interview I conducted with Dr. Allen Rader from Idaho on it.

Hmmm, that one never aired! So, I went to open it up and it was corrupted, damaged, and on life support. UGH! In fact, it was chopped up in about 100 different segments that would have taken a miracle to put back together. Well, leave it to a true angel, my amazing podcast show producer Kevin Kennedy-Spaien to do the next-to-impossible--he FIXED IT!

Boy, am I glad he did because my interview with Dr. Rader was among my favorites. You can listen to it RIGHT NOW in today's Episode 76 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore." Click "Play In Popup" or "Download" below and LISTEN NOW:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 76 [20:07m]: Play in Popup | Download

Dr. Rader is probably the most articulate, yet personable physicians I have ever met in my life. You can just hear in his voice what living healthy and losing weight the right way means to him as he speaks so fluently on this subject. That's what happens to you when you lose weight yourself--YOU BECOME INFECTIOUS (in a good way, of course!)

Never miss a moment of the show by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Dr. Rader has some of the most extraordinary ways to help his obese patients conceptualize what they are eating. What do you think about the teaspoons of sugar visualization he uses? Or how about his utter disdain for using the phrase "fall off the wagon?" And what did you think about his belief that overweight and obese people should manage their diet just like a diabetic does. Let's talk about Episode 75 and this long lost podcast interview I conducted with the great Dr. Allen Rader. It was WELL worth the wait, don't you think?

I'll be leaving on a family vacation with NO COMPUTER (except my iPhone!) starting on Friday and will not be returning until next Wednesday. So Monday's "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" will be featuring Connie Bennett's interview with me from a few weeks ago on her brand new "Stop SUGAR SHOCK!" radio show. THANKS for listening and ENJOY!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

The doctor emphasised in the first part of this interview that doctors have medicines to help patients get started with there weight loss. To help us to get through our body chemistry demands that have adjusted to eating high amounts of carbs and sugars over the years and require same. His was an emphasis that a lot of obese people can not get past this and need prescribed medicines to get past this and get there weight loss going and he has those medicines and he prescribes these medicines.

Then you two went right past this!

I know you didn't use prescriptions in your weight loss and I didn't either. I know I don't believe in them, and I don't think that you believe in them either. That's probably why you blew past this!

Opening the pharmaceutical pandora's box to weight loss is no small thing!

I say no to prescriptions and medicine. If we get the carbs and sugars down like Atkins recommends these balances occur on there own. This I believe is a far more healthy approach and cure for this problem. You and I and thousands of others can attest to this.

So I liked hearing what he has to say but I didn't like the statement that a lot of people 'can't' get over or past this without help in the form of doctor prescribed prescriptions and pharmaceutical medicines.

8/09/2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I heard that, too, Tom! But medicine is indeed the VERY LAST STEP in Dr. Rader's process of helping his patients. Livin' la vida low-carb is the first priority and getting the overweight and obese to realize everything is sugar--something even Tom would hail from the mountaintops. :D

8/09/2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home