MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, September 17, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 87: Get A Good Game Plan For The Dreaded Weight Gain

Some people think the worst thing that could happen to you after you lose a significant amount of weight is to g-g-g-gain some or all of it back. While you wouldn't want to put ALL of it back on (NOPE, not gonna be 400+ pounds ever again!), I do think it's okay to be challenged by a 10-15 pound weight creep to see what your lifestyle change is made of and I talk about it in Episode 87 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore."

Click on the "Play In Popup" link below or download it to your iPod:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 87 [13:24m]: Play in Popup | Download

Although much of the focus when you are livin' la vida low-carb is placed on the weight loss phase of the diet, I contend that is the relatively easy part of this amazing journey. The REAL work begins when you attempt to maintain that weight loss for the rest of your life. Think about it...you take a few months, a year, or even two years to lose weight. But then you've got decades left to live and KEEP that weight off forever. It's much more daunting than people realize!

I've dealt with the struggles that we all face of seeing my weight climb back up again ever-so-slowly even when I've been faithful to my low-carb lifestyle. It's an adjustment our body makes which causes us to adjust, too. Unless you recognize this is happening, then you may find yourself wearing tighter and tighter clothes wondering what the heck happened.

Wherever you are, get low-carb encouragement anytime by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

What has been your experience attempting to maintain your low-carb weight loss? Do you have any proven strategies to share about how you KEEP your weight off over the long-term? Is there anything that you would recommend people NOT do when they find themselves gaining weight again after significant weight loss? Bestow your wisdom on us all and tell us what has worked for you.

THANKS to YOU, "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" has become the most popular low-carb podcast show on the Internet today! I am grateful that you listen and are encouraged by the positive and healthy message I present about the low-carb lifestyle in these podcasts. If there's anything you'd like for me to address in a future episode, then please don't hesitate to send those suggestions to me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy, check your volume levels before recording the next show, they were set very low compared to your intro music.

9/18/2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Kevin! I'll let my producer know because I didn't do anything different in recording this show compared with past shows. I recently upgraded the computer I record my shows with, so maybe that's the issue. It's an internal microphone instead of a direct mike to speak into. I'll look into it and appreciate your feedback. :) THANK YOU again for listening Kevin!

9/18/2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home