MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, September 10, 2007

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 3): Gettin' Veggie With It On A Low-Carb Diet

We're baaaaaaack!

Yes, Christine and I have been away for the past couple of weeks while she had endometriosis surgery in Missouri, but we are back home again and ready to bring you more fun and exciting YouTube videos about the amazingly healthy low-carb lifestyle! THANKS so much to everyone who has subscribed to our videos.

We debuted with a quick promo video late last month and have since recorded two full-length episodes that have garnered hundreds of views already on YouTube. Episode 1 was an introduction about who we are and why we are talking about low-carb living while Episode 2 discussed the kinds of fruit you can eat on a low-carb diet.

Continuing with the theme of the last episode, today we focused on the subject of the vegetables you can eat on the Atkins diet. Yes, contrary to what you might have heard, you CAN eat your veggies when you are livin' la vida low-carb as the late great Dr. Robert C. Atkins outlined in his book Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution.

Christine and I show you exactly which vegetables you will want to consume (including one exotic new vegetable I'd never seen before until recently) and explain what NOT to eat. As usual, we have some playful fun to make the video entertaining, so ENJOY:



If you like this video, then please leave a comment at YouTube about it and tell all your friends to check 'em out, too! We really do have a good time making these videos and look forward to creating even more of them for you soon!

By the way, in Episode 3 I cite fellow low-carb YouTuber Kent Altena's fantastic Mashed Fauxtatoes recipe made with cauliflower. You will certainly want to check out that one if you miss mashed potatoes on your low-carb lifestyle.

At the end of the video, we share one of our secret tips for dining out the livin' la vida low-carb way at a popular restaurant chain for less than $10 for both of us! If you are a low-carber and want to pinch those pennies when eating out, then you won't want to miss this tip.

As always, I'd love to know what you think and welcome your comments and suggestions about how to improve these videos. I turned the volume of the music WAY DOWN on this one, so hopefully that was better for everyone who was concerned it was too loud in the previous videos. Let me know what you think. E-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger OnlineChristian said...

Low Carb = YES
Writing = YES
Fun Banter = YES
Information = YES

SINGING VEGGIE TALES = NO, PLEASE NO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO....

9/10/2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

Highly educational and entertaining, Jimmy. I enjoyed it very much, and I think you found the perfect formula. Keep up the good work!

9/10/2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

There's nevereverevereverever been a show like VeggieTales!

Geeze, Jimmy, now ya got ME singing it.

Dang song, can't get it outta my head!

...lima beans...collard greens...peachy keen...Veggietales.

Sigh.

Hugs,
Lori ;-)

9/11/2007 7:05 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Sorry OnlineChristian! My days working in a Christian bookstore playing VeggieTales EVERY SINGLE DAY over and over and over and over...

It's hard NOT to sing 'em! :D

The song is kinda catchy though, ain't it Lori. VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales...AAAAACK!

Hee hee!

Glad you enjoyed it Science. Christine was feeling awful, but really wanted to do another video. When she forgot the name of the show at the end, she said the medicine was kicking in. It was pretty funny!

THANKS for watching everyone!

9/11/2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Jimmy.. loved it! Matt and Rachel wanted to know if you actually watch veggie tales. It's their favorite show! :0D They were singin' right along with ya brother!

9/11/2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Yep, we LOVE 'em all, Amy! My favorite? LARRY BOY!!!

My favorite Silly Song? My Cheeseburger! And I Love My Lips! And The Hairbrush Song!

Oh nevermind, I LOVE ALL of them! :D

9/11/2007 1:09 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

I think my favorite is The Song Of The Cebu! :D "This is a song about a boy... a song about a boy and his Cebu.." Also love Dance of the Cucumber. Rachel says to tell you Larry Boy is her favorite too!

9/12/2007 1:35 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Cebu is cool too!

A-CHOO-MOO-MOO A-CHOO-MOO-MOO A-CHOO-MOO-MOO-MOO-MOO-MOO! :D

DOFC is kinda boring. :P

LONG LIVE LARRY BOY! 8D

9/12/2007 6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online christian, get over it. VeggieTales is cool. There are worse things in this world to get in a tizzy over.

9/12/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa E said...

I LOVE VeggieTales!!! You don't have to have kids to love them, right Jimmy? I like "I Love My Lips" esp. the part about aunt Ruth having a beard...it makes me laugh. "If my lips ever left my mouth, packed a bag and headed south...".

I was watching your video, Jimmy, and at the end when you were sining the theme of VeggieTales for the last time I paused it, right on the long "a" of tales. I'll tell ya, the pic of you with your mouth wide open singing is the funniest of any of the funny pics I've ever seen of you. You should make it your avatar !!!

9/12/2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I LOVE MY LIPS...but not enough to make it my avatar at the forum! LOL! Yeah, I've gone back to "normal Jimmy" (if there is such a thing!) with my pic there. :D

9/12/2007 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant Jimmy, my fiance was smiling the whole time! love it, and wanna get some of that new veggie!! any news on release in the UK ? HA! Big love! x

9/15/2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger . said...

SINGING VEGGIE TALES = NO, PLEASE NO, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO....

Hunter says, "You're so funny Uncle Jimmy!"

9/16/2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hunker! That was just for him, too, Regina. ;)

9/16/2007 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home