MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

'Minus The Fat' Interview With Jimmy Moore


What better name for a diet and health web site than "Minus The Fat?"

So you decide to start eating better than you ever have before, living a healthy lifestyle, and making fitness a permanent part of your day-to-day. You're so excited about this newfound change in your life that you want to share your enthusiasm with as many people as you can possibly reach. That's what leads you to create your very own web site to spread the positive message of the big changes you have made.

That, in a nutshell, describes how "Minus The Fat" was born.

Started by Sepehr, a Political Science/Eduation Ph.D. student, and Amira, pursuing her Master's in Human Rights and Development, "Minus The Fat" has a self-professed goal to "provide insight into healthy living through fitness, eating, group support, and social change." It seems they were concerned about the noticeable LACK of support mechanisms for people wanting to make healthier choices for themselves. And so they created that community.

Through the use of the blogging format, Sepehr and Amira began "Minus The Fat" in May 2007 and encourage their readers to "be involved in the process" by sharing from their own experiences. They are a welcome addition to the ever-growing health blogging community and I welcome them to it.


Sepehr recently invited me for an interview at his blog

Whenever I am asked to do an interview on another web site, I count it a privilege and an honor to share my low-carb weight loss experience with others in an effort to continue educating, encouraging and inspiring people who need to lose weight and get healthy to embark on this journey for themselves. It's not an easy task to do this, but it CAN be done. That's the central message I always try to convey.

Here are just a few of the previous interviews I have done:

- Dr. William Davis's "Heart Scan Blog" Interview
- Orato.com Interview
- Dr. Fitness & The Fat Guy Interview
- Mark Sisson's Daily Apple Interview
- SUGAR SHOCK! Blog Interview
- The Diet Detective Interview
- Diet-Blog Interview

So when Sepehr invited me to be interviewed for his "Minus The Fat" web site, I was happy to oblige. CLICK HERE to read the interview in its entirety. But here are a few snippets for you:

"Life before livin' la vida low-carb was pretty much constant consumption of sugary sodas (as many as 16 cans of Coca-Cola every singe day!), high-carb Little Debbie Snack cakes (I'd eat the whole box at one time!), and lots of fast food and junk food. If it existed, I ate it!"
**************
"If you've tried low-fat, low-calorie diets and they didn't work for you, then it is INSANE to keep trying them expecting a different result."
**************
"Follow your own passions, dreams, and hopes and do what drives you. Be prudent about what you write about [on your blog] and genuinely listen to those you can trust. But ignore the rest."
**************
"Most of my blogging happens after 5:00pm EST and I'm usually writing those until midnight, sometimes later when there is a bigger story. But I know my limits to my body, too, and if I'm too tired to think or write clearly, then I hit the sack. It's better to create quality content rather than quantity."


Special THANK YOU to Sepehr for asking me to do this interview and I encourage you to read the interview in its entirety at "Minus The Fat."

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home