Christmas is coming, do you know what to get that low-carb loved one?
The Christmas shopping season is underway and the hustle and bustle of this time of year makes me wanna stay home inside the comfort of my house especially on the weekends when people go bonkers out shopping at the mall and Wal-mart like they're gonna run out of stuff next week! It took me what is normally a 5-minute drive to the post office today a total of 20 minutes to get there! Then there was a line of about 30 people waiting to send off packages. UGH!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas and the festive attitude it conjures up in people this time of year. But I'm just not the kind of person who likes crowds and traffic. Nevertheless, there are gifts to be bought and that includes for people who are livin' la vida low-carb. So what in the world are you supposed to get somebody on a low-carb diet anyone?
That's exactly what Christine and I address in Episode 15 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." We tried to provide a wide variety of gift ideas that are applicable not just for Christmas, but any gift-giving occasion for that low-carb loved one in your life. These are gifts that I personally would enjoy receiving and most are practical suggestions that you may not have even thought about before.
Get your pen and paper ready with this YouTube video for low-carb gift ideas:
Just in case you missed any of the gift suggestions or would like to learn more about some of the ones that were mentioned, here are some links for you to check out:
- ChocoPerfection low-carb chocolate bars
- Responsibly Slim Protein Powder
- Living The Low-Carb Life by Jonny Bowden
- CARB WARS: Sugar Is The New Fat by Judy Barnes Baker
- Digital Camera
- Gift Certificate To A Low-Carb Restaurant
- The March 2008 Atkins Diet Cruise
This is by no means a comprehensive gift list for people who are livin' la vida low-carb. But hopefully Episode 15 will give you a few ideas you may not have thought about as you begin searching for that perfect present for your low-carb friend or family member. Don't be bashful about suggesting these and other gifts for yourself as gifts, too! I know the gift giver would appreciate it!
Provide your favorite low-carb gift ideas with us at Episode 15 on YouTube and you could win a FREE GIFT from me and Christine. All you have to do is leave a comment at YouTube for this video by Friday, December 7, 2007 and you'll become eligible to win your very own Cal-Carb Clicker compliments of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." GOOD LUCK in the contest everyone!
Are you getting behind on our YouTube videos? Watch 'em all right now:
- Promo video--A half-minute promotion of the new video series
- Episode 1--Introduction of Jimmy & Christine Moore
- Episode 2--What kind of fruits can you have on a low-carb diet?
- Episode 3--What kind of veggies can you have on a low-carb diet?
- Episode 4--What does a low-carber do for something sweet?
- Episode 5--Why is fat so healthy for you on the low-carb lifestyle?
- Episode 6--Which restaurants can you go to on the low-carb lifestyle?
- Episode 7--What are the best new low-carb books you need to read?
- Episode 8--Why should you be eating a lot more eggs?
- Episode 9--If you're gonna do Atkins, do it by the book
- Episode 10--What supplements should you take while low-carbing?
- Episode 11--What are some of the foods you eat on your low-carb diet?
- Episode 12--How should you respond when you weight loss stalls?
- Episode 13--What can you do to survive the high-carb holidays?
- Episode 14--Is it okay to ever splurge on your low-carb diet?
Keep up with the latest videos we post at YouTube by subscribing to them like the nearly 200 others who have done so already. With my podcast show still down for likely the rest of 2007 to let my producer Kevin Kennedy-Spaien heal from the injuries he sustained from a car accident, Christine and I are committed to doing more YouTube videos to fill in the gap. THANK YOU for watching and please continue to send your comments and suggested topic for future videos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are so happy to be a small part of your life and look forward to continuing to share with you about the amazingly healthy low-carb lifestyle! Merry Christmas!!!