Low-Carb Living Roared On Strong In 2007
The great low-carb news certainly didn't stop in 2007
The end of another year is upon us and there's so much that happened in 2007 for people who support the healthy and effective low-carb lifestyle. I'm privileged to be on the front row witnessing a rebirth in the popularity of livin' la vida low-carb and it is my belief that things will only get brighter and better in 2008.
When I blogged just one year ago that 2007 would be the "comeback year" for low-carb, little did I realize just how prophetic that statement of the revival of the controlled-carbohydrate nutritional approach would be. Despite the continued ignorance by much of the mainstream media and the so-called health "experts" who claim to know it all regarding diet, health, and nutrition, people are discovering there's more to this low-carb thing than they ever realized before. This awakening to the truth will continue to take place as people take control and responsibility for their own health perhaps for the first time ever.
The two things that I'll remember the most about 2007 happened just in the past few months--the release of Gary Taubes' instant classic Good Calories, Bad Calories that got people talking about cutting carbohydrates for weight and health management again and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) embracing low-carb diets for diabetics in their new recommendations for doctors to use in 2008 that has now set the wheels in motion for other health organizations like the American Medical Association (AMA), American Heart Association (AHA), the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to follow suit. It's gonna happen a whole lot sooner than later--just you wait and see!
You can't really talk about the year that was 2007 without mentioning a few other notable events that took place to help shape and restore the positive image of low-carb living in our culture, including these 25 top headlines:
- Dr. Jonny Bowden's bestselling 150 Healthiest Foods On Earth
- Veronica Atkins carrying on the low-carb torch her husband ignited
- Judy Barnes Baker releases CARB WARS low-carb cookbook
- Dr. Richard Bernstein still promoting low-carb for diabetics
- Filmmaker CJ Hunt begins documentary on "the perfect human diet"
- Stanford study published in JAMA says Atkins diet is best
- Study shows low-carb a "reasonable alternative" to low-fat
- "Biggest Loser" consultant says low-carb "wrongfully dismissed"
- Research shows high-carb, low-fat bad for hyperinsulinemia
- Lora Ruffner ceases publication of Low-Carb Luxury
- Cracker Barrel keeps low-carb options on their menu
- Connie Bennett's SUGAR SHOCK! featured on national TV
- Dr. Eric Westman from Duke leading low-carb research
- "World's Heaviest Man" Manuel Uribe loses 400 pounds on low-carb
- Kimkins diet revealed to be a scam orchestrated by Heidi Diaz
- Low-carb blogs begin to dominate the blogosphere
- The rediscovery of the original low-carber, William Banting
- Atkins diet cruise set to return in 2008
- Dr. Mary C. Vernon espousing low-carb for diabetics
- Health guru Dr. Andrew Weil shows support for low-carb
- The 10 most influential low-carbers of 2007
- Anti-Super Size Me film to share the truth about fat and carbs
- Study finds low-carb lowers, low-fat raises saturated fat levels
- New reality television show to focus on sugar addiction
- USDA makes low-carb friendly appointee to make 2010 food pyramid
While 2007 was indeed a fabulous year, I am confident the best days for low-carb advocates are still ahead of us in 2008 and beyond. Our job is to just keep enjoying our way of eating, sharing with our doctors about our health improvements, telling friends and family how you've been able to lose weight through this proven nutritional approach, and being the shining examples of how low-carb has changed your life forever!
As long as we remain confident that what we have discovered for ourselves is healthy and effective, then there's no reason why the resurgence and rebirth of livin' la vida low-carb will end in 2007. This party's only just begun, baby! I'm looking forward to yet another great year in 2008 and sharing it with you here on a daily basis as we keep educating, encouraging and inspiring others to start making lifestyle changes that will work for them. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
If you ever need to contact me for any reason, then I'm always happy to hear from you and respond appropriately. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's keep working together to change lives, make 'em better than they've ever been before, and then spread the word to everyone we come into contact with. The world can't help but hear us roar if we do that!