MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lots Of Local Love For 'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb'


Story on my blog and business in two Spartanburg, SC papers

The local media here in my hometown of Spartanburg, South Carolina have been very kind to me ever since I lost 180 pounds on the Atkins diet in 2004. I've been on all the major local television affiliates, the powerhouse talk radio station, and in several different newspaper columns over the past three years. You can see links to all of these features and more at my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Links" blog in the section called "More Moore." It's a real honor to be able to share my low-carb weight loss success story with people on a local level right here in my own hometown.

Three weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a columnist for the local newspaper The Spartanburg Herald-Journal named Christina Wilson. She came across my blog while searching for health-related information in the Spartanburg, South Carolina area. Because of the enormous traffic I receive, my blog articles are ranked very high in the Google search engines and she contacted me about writing a story about me.

Since they had already done an article about my weight loss a couple of years ago, I said they could update my story to let people know I've kept the weight off. But Wilson was more interested in the business aspect of what I do working full-time as a blogger, doing podcasts and YouTube videos, and selling my own low-carb chocolate bar. Yeah, I suppose doing all that for a living is kinda rare these days.

She asked me all sorts of questions about how I got into blogging, where did I learn how to do what I am doing (I still don't know! LOL!), what is my source of income--almost exclusively focused on the business aspect of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb." It was an awesome column and I encourage you to read it all by clicking on the images below:

PART 1 PART 2
CLICK ABOVE to enlarge Part 1 and Part 2

Originally, I was told the article on me would be featured in an insert in the newspaper that publishes once a month called The Pulse. This health-oriented magazine features stories about diet, weight loss, health, and fitness as a supplement to the regular newspaper. An online version of the January 9, 2008 edition of The Pulse can be accessed by clicking here (you'll see my picture and a tease about the story on the front cover and the article appears on pages 9-10).

But imagine my surprise on Tuesday this week when that same story written by Christina Wilson ended up on the FRONT PAGE of another sister newspaper of The Spartanburg Herald-Journal called HJ Weekly. This was way cool because it's a free newspaper that gets delivered to the driveway of every single home in Spartanburg County. And when they open it up, that's me they see smiling at them along with my business story. WOW!

Okay, now about that picture they used of me jumping up with my mouth open. You might be wondering why was it so goofy looking (no comments from the peanut gallery)? Here's the final photo they chose for the column:



A little wild and crazy? SURE! But what the newspaper photographer Holly Bowman asked me to do was simply hold up my old "fat boy" pants in front of me. Yaaaawwwwnnn! BORING! See for yourself:



It was a nice picture, but let's have some fun with it, shall we? So she asked me what I had in mind and I decided to jump up and show some personality. The photographer was lovin' it and she said, "do that again" and "how about something else?" So we got a whole buncha photos of me in poses that gave me a workout. Here are a select few others that didn't make it to print:



All in all, it was an exhilarating experience to get the word out about the healthy low-carb lifestyle in a positive story in my local press. Every time something like this happens for me, I generally receive feedback from people who said that my blog is just the inspiration they needed to start living healthy again. You just don't know how good it feels to know that.

If you read about my story in either The Pulse or HJ Weekly, then welcome to the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog. I'm happy to help you in any way that I can to become the same kind of success that I was back in 2004 when I shed 180 pounds on the Atkins diet. Feel free to e-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net and I'd be honored to assist you in your low-carb lifestyle. THANKS for reading and please come back often for education, encouragement, and inspiration for living better than you ever thought possible!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Awesome Jimmy!

1/17/2008 11:38 PM  
Blogger Scott Kustes said...

Great stuff Jimmy! You continue to be an inspiration for those seeking to turn their lives around. Keep up the great work!

Cheers
Scott Kustes
Modern Forager

1/18/2008 7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ham!

1/18/2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

YEPPERS! :P

1/18/2008 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it!
Now to get you out across the nation!
I think the joy expressed in the pictures is shared by all of us that have succeeded Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

Ab

1/18/2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Ab! It's not for a lack of sharing my story...when they come calling, I'll be ready. :D THANK YOU for your support.

1/18/2008 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've done your hometown proud, as well as the low carb community. The enthusiasm of your jump with those pants is so much more fun than you just standing next to them. Congrats on getting your story out there.

1/18/2008 12:25 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Congratulations, Jimmy. You are so inspirational. This is great, and love your photoshoot. GQ, here you come!!

1/19/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

You sure have personality, Jimmy! LOL I got a giggle out of your photo shoot. Congrats and keep up the good work. Love your blog!

1/22/2008 12:26 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

It was certainly a lot of fun. I love the camera. :D

1/22/2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Susan Marie said...

This is fantastic, Jimmy! I love your pictures, btw...

Best,
Susan
aka SusanMarie

1/24/2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS Susan!!!

1/24/2008 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home