MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 25): Jimmy's Low-Carb Fried Chicken Recipe


It's fried chicken done the livin' la vida low-carb way!

I love to cook and so many people have been begging me to share some of my favorite recipes in a book. I'm certainly considering a "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" recipe book because I have some favorites as part of my menu repertoire! Today I wanted to share one such recipe with you that so many people have asked about--low-carb fried chicken!

In Episode 25 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube," Christine and I take the show outside the studio using our new FLIP camera which I absolutely love! This tiny little camera takes truly STUNNING video and makes very good videos with little shaking at all. I LOVE IT and think you will too.

It was fun playing cameraman and trying to make this recipe with one hand. Christine came in and helped me as I got going with it and the chicken turned out pretty amazing. See for yourself and give it a try if you enjoy good fried chicken. You'd never know this was low-carb!

Watch us cook up our fried chicken recipe in today's video:



To make this recipe, all you need is four ingredients: 4 Perdue's Perfect Portions Chicken, 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, Long's Fry It Right, and Nutiva Coconut Oil. The first time I ever made this fried chicken, I couldn't believe how well it turned out. If you miss this usually high-carb food, then how about giving the recipe I shared in Episode 25 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" a try? YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

With our new FLIP camera, you'll be seeing our list of YouTube videos expanding. Be sure to subscribe to our videos and support the work we are doing on behalf of low-carb living on YouTube. As always, please don't hesitate to e-mail us your video suggestions anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. Your faithfulness to me and livin' la vida low-carb simply amazes me. THANK YOU!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Jeri Sessler said...

Jimmy--
I don't know if you knew that Long's is full of transfats--partially hydrogenated stuff...I use Carbquick (sp?) and make it the traditional way with a buttermilk marinade, spices, and coat with Carbquick...fry in coconut or peanut oil. Nummy. My family loves it.

jeri

2/06/2008 7:47 AM  
Blogger mariasol said...

"Fry It Right" contains partially hydrogenated soybean oil. Thanks, but I'll stay with wheat bran. Higher in carbs, but no man made ingredients and great, nutty taste.

2/06/2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger joycen said...

I also try to stay away from trans fat. I have used coconut flour for frying and it turns out delicious.

Joycen

2/06/2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Have you looked at the ingredient panel in Long's Fry-it-Right? Yuk. I wouldn't put that stuff in my body. Eating Low carb is healthy, but not using this stuff! Just because it's low carb doesn't mean it's good for you, as we all should know.
Karen B.

2/06/2008 10:51 AM  
Blogger Didirina said...

Just a quick observation. The label claims there is .5 grams of trans fat per serving. While we have been advised to reduce or eliminate our consumption of trans fat, I would hardly classify .5 grams as "full" or "loaded" as some consumers have written on vendors' website reviews. If this product had a .49 level, it could be listed as zero. And most folks are not going to consume this every day, so I'm putting these amounts in perspective. There also is some discrepancy as to what constitutes a serving. Different websites have listed 1 teaspoon vs. 1 tablespoon. The manufacturer has listed it as 1 tablespoon.

2/06/2008 10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think i am starting to see the light. Despite the fact that this fry it stuff is loaded (.5 grams of trans fat per teaspoon.....holy cow teaspoon that's nothing i bet it takes at least 10 to coat 1 piece) you endorse it. Funny I did not see you eat a piece Jimmy! Wonder why? Maybe cause you know it's loaded with trans fat! Hope the money they paid you was worth it!

2/06/2008 11:29 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for your concerns everyone. Keeping this in perspective, you wouldn't use this product everyday and there isn't enough of an issue with it for on occasion use to not use it at all. Of course, you can always use almond or coconut flour or even CarbQuik. There are always alternatives. THANK YOU for sharing!

2/06/2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for sharing your comments, Jeff. But I had two pieces of the chicken right after the video and another one today (see my Menus blog). As I previously stated, you don't make this stuff all the time, but it's a nice treat every now and then when you want fried chicken. Use the alternatives if you don't like the Long's Fry It Right, but at least there are options for people who want it.

Incidentally, I wasn't paid anything by the makers of Long's Fry It Right to do this video. I did the video because I love making this recipe and wanted to share it with others. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but you have a right to refuse to make this.

THANK YOU again for exercising your free speech here at my blog. :)

2/06/2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger Didirina said...

BTW, it does NOT require many servings to coat a piece of chicken!! As with flour, a little goes a long way. I used to use 1 tablespoon of flour (6 grams of carb.) mixed with some parmesan cheese and seasoning to coat about 4 chicken thighs, so a tablespoon or so of Fry Right will do the trick too.

2/06/2008 12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jimmy.
I use crushed pork rinds as a coating for fried chicken. It has zero carbs, no trans fats, and is absolutely delicious! Dip the chicken in a mixture of lightly beaten egg white and cream first and then roll in the crumbs. Let it dry on a rack for 10 minutes or so before frying.

Judy Barnes Baker

2/06/2008 1:00 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Ooooo, Judy, crushed pork rinds. YUMMY!

2/06/2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Yeah, the pork rind crumbs work beautifully.

Jimmy, thanks for the tip on Longs Fry-It-Right. I can't say I'd be concerned about the small amount of trans-fat in a batch o' fried chicken!!!

2/06/2008 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home