MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Sunday, February 17, 2008

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 27): Clean Your Grill, Then Dirty It Up Low-Carb Style

After years and years of using charcoal grills to add a little taste of fire and smoke to my favorite meats and veggies, last year I got a gas grill that is absolutely fabulous! I was concerned about the taste of the food on a gas grill, but quickly discovered those worries were unfounded. The steak, shrimp, kabobs, chicken, and more that I have cooked on that grill have been nothing but AWESOME and I am so happy to enrich my low-carb lifestyle with this flavor-making device!

In Episode 27 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube," I once again take the show outside the studio with my FLIP camera (can you tell I LOVE this thing?!) to show you a new device called the Grill Daddy that does wonders on a dirty grill as you will see and to cook up some of my favorite Italian Style chicken breasts from Perdue called Perfect Portions. It's a low-carb grilling experience and I'm always happy to help people find a way to make this lifestyle change taste as good as it possibly can. ENJOY!

Watch me grill up some fabulous "cheekin" in today's video:



Grilling out any time of the year is always fun which is why I was so happy to do this in February. Of course, it didn't hurt that it was 65 degrees outside when I shot this video, so that made it even better. I'm looking forward to going to the Hearth, Patio, and Barbecue Association (HPBA) conference in Atlanta, Georgia on February 28th-March 1st, 2008 to see what's new in the world of BBQ cooking! You'll recall some GREAT podcast interviews I did last year while I attended as well as a big grill giveaway for my blogiversary. We'll be working on some more of those for this year's celebration coming up in April! Stay tuned!

Do you love to grill out? Share your grilling tips and what you like to do to enhance your low-carb life with the power of cooking some sizzling meats and vegetables. My favorite part is taking the meat right off the grill like those chicken breasts and immediately slothering some healthy butter and cheese on top for a low-carber's dream meal. Mmmm mmm! Who says this way of eating is BORING?! NOT!

Are you just finding out about our YouTube video series? That's okay, you've got plenty of time to watch 'em all and keep up with the new ones that we release about once a week. You can subscribe to our videos so you'll always be one of the first ones to see the new episodes as they are posted on YouTube. And we love hearing your feedback and suggestions for future shows, so sent us an e-mail anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. THANKS so much for watching!

We will be taking our FLIP camera on our upcoming cruise to Mexico this weekend and next week to show how you can eat low-carb on that big boat! It's NOT impossible if you know what you can and cannot eat. Be looking for that video as well as footage and podcast shows from the HPBA conference when we return back in March!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a "big green egg" man myself. I live in an urban environment, near NYC, in a semi-high rise condo building with a balcony-the egg is perfect for me and my wife. It's very heavy and has very thick walls, it's easy and safe to light and operate, it's easy to maintain, and it cooks fantastically, no matter how cold it is outside. I use it almost every day, even when it's below 20 degrees out. Ok, if it's below 20 and snowing, I cook indoors, otherwise, I'm grillin! My wife thinks I'm crazy, of course.

2/18/2008 10:53 AM  
Blogger Scott Ethington said...

Jimmy -- I was curious about the connection between the Heart and Patios and Barbecues, so I followed the link. It took me straight to the Horseman's Benevolent and Protective Association page. :-) I concluded that grilled horsemeat must be better for one's heart health than other alternatives. Thanks for the laugh!

2/18/2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Whoops! That should be Hearth and I was dyslexic with the URL. EEEEK! All fixed now. THANK YOU!!!

2/18/2008 3:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa E said...

I love it when we grill at our house because that means my husband is cooking and I get the night off. It's been a while due to cold weather and early nightfall. Looking forward to warmer weather so my man will grill me a steak. Yum!

2/18/2008 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home