MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Feel Like Death May Be Following Me With Recent String Of Tornadoes


A twister touches down in Suffolk, VA one day after I was there

Have you ever seen that movie series Final Destination? The premise in all three flicks is that once you cheat death, it comes back to get you anyway in the most peculiar ways. It certainly made for an entertaining set of movies, but now I'm beginning to wonder if "death" may be following me with tornadoes over the past three months.

Here are 3 tornadoes incidents we came close to in 2008:

1. JACKSON, TN on February 5, 2008

Just six weeks prior to the tornado I blogged about ripping through Union University in Jackson, TN, we drove right by there on a trip to Bolivar, Tennessee to visit my dad for the Christmas holidays. I can remember pointing directly at the Union campus telling Christine that I had several friends who went to college there while I was at the University of Tennessee at Martin in the early 1990's.

2. ATLANTA, GA on March 13, 2008

It was only one week before the tragic tornado hit downtown Atlanta that I was walking straight up International Boulevard in that very city at the 2008 Heart, Patio, and Barbecue Expo on a Friday night right after returning from my low-carb cruise to Mexico. It's scary to think that could have happened one week later and we would have been right there in the center of it all!

3. SUFFOLK, VA on April 28, 2008

This time was almost too close when only one day prior to the tornado ripping through hundreds of homes in the town of Suffolk, VA, Christine and I were driving back to our home in Spartanburg, SC after a quick weekend trip to the Hampton Roads area in Virginia Beach, VA for my sister-in-law's wedding reception. Had we known what was to come to that town the next day as we drove by it on Sunday, then we would not have been able to control our emotions. We drove through several very heavy downpours on the way home, but had no idea a tornado was about to hit where we were driving along US-58.

Coincidence? Sure. What are the odds of being that close to three different tornadoes in three cities over the span of three months though? I'd say the probability of that happening is at least a bazillion to one. And yet it has happened and the tornadoes seem to be getting closer and closer each time.

It's all just a bit unsettling when you stop and think about it. Of course, if there really was something like "death" coming to get you, then certainly it would all be within God's perfect plan for my life and I'm cool with that. But I'd prefer to stick around a lot longer doing what I'm doing helping people as they begin the healthy low-carb lifestyle.

This blog post doesn't really have anything at all to do with livin' la vida low-carb, but I couldn't help sharing this story with you today in the wake of yet another sad story about a tornado tragedy. Thoughts anyone?

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if we follow the trend, you will actually be *in* Raleigh for the low-carb meetup when the tornado will allegedly strike. I'd say that you have some sort of magical power, but that's strictly prohibited in Paul's Letter to the Romans.

4/29/2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I knew some wise guy would say something about my upcoming trip to the Raleigh/Durham area. HA HA! Very funny. :)

4/29/2008 5:37 PM  
Blogger Vikki said...

Jimmy,
Maybe it's all the traveling, but hun, your thinking is all muddled. The tornado's are following you, God's been taking care of you.
Just think of all the times you were running a little late, or got an early start, and sure enouth there was an accident. Same thing, God's got his little angle riding on your shoulder.
Take care and hugs,
Vikki
http://vikkiskitchn.spaces.live.com/

4/29/2008 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. I hear Twilight Zone music playing after reading this posting. Play it safe, find shelter and get out of it's path.

4/29/2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for your concern, Vikki! But this post was kinda tongue-in-cheek. :P Swatkins gets it and I busted out laughing when I read her comments.

4/29/2008 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy, glad to see you are up and running. I laughed to read about the tornados and death following you, AND THEN to read about the cruise with you! It's not in hurricane season is it?! LOL

Best wishes, Julia

5/02/2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Thought it was kinda interesting...and no, the cruise is in January so there aren't any hurricanes. LOL! Silly.

5/02/2008 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home