MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, April 28, 2008

Low-Carb Meetup Set For Rio Churrascaria In Cary, NC On May 4th at 6PM


I hope to see you at the Rio Churrascaria in Cary, NC on Sunday

Plans have been made for my wife Christine and I to drive three hours up I-85 this Sunday for a trip to the Triangle area of North Carolina (aka Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) for a series of events centered around the subject of livin' la vida low-carb.

First up is Sunday, May 4, 2008 at 6:00pm when we hope to meet so many of YOU at the uniquely low-carb Rio Churrascaria Brazilian steakhouse restaurant in Cary, NC. Their address is 107 Edinburgh Drive South right across the street from MacGregor Downs Country Club. I'd never heard of a Brazilian steakhouse until last month when friends of ours in Atlanta took us out to one and now I'm hooked! If you like to eat meat (and most low-carbers I know do!), then this is indeed your place to eat! Check out the menu for yourself by clicking here.

If you would like to come, we have dinner reservations for a party of 20 and we already have over a dozen signed up to be there. Please e-mail me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net if you are planning on coming so I can make sure we have a seat for you when you come on Sunday night. It's gonna be exciting to get to meet you all and there's a fairly large contingent of readers in that area. I'll have a special surprise gift for everyone who comes, so I hope you can make it out.

Then on Monday night, May 5th, I've been invited to come speak to the patients of Dr. Eric Westman, a well-known low-carb researcher and practitioner from Duke University who actively seeks to help people dealing with weight and health issues by using a low-carb nutritional approach. He's a real trailblazer for the work he is doing and I'm honored he would ask me to share a few words with his patients about my low-carb success. I'll be at Dr. Westman's clinic at 6:30pm on Monday for their monthly "Low-Glycemic Diet Support Group" and I look forward to meeting many of my readers who found out about him from my blog. :)

Finally, on Tuesday morning, I'll get to see Dr. Westman and his team in action at the Duke Lifestyle Medicine Clinic located at 4020 N. Roxboro Street in Durham. If I'm able to fit it into his schedule, then I may try to shoot some YouTube video footage. Otherwise, I'll just be observing what happens when someone comes into the clinic for help and see for myself how it all works. I know Dr. Westman told me when I saw him in Phoenix a few weeks ago that he has a full load of patients that keep him quite busy. That's a good problem to have!

Again, I hope to see you North Carolinians from the Triangle area on Sunday! Don't forget to let me know you're coming for dinner and I'll make sure you have a seat reserved JUST FOR YOU at 6:00PM. SEE YA THEN! :D

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

Man, Jimmy, wish I could make it! But I'll be running a 15k down in FL that weekend, alas...hope you all enjoy lots of tasty meats in the meantime :)

4/29/2008 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Im missing everything.

ex-Chapel Hillian here.

where I first found the low carb life and opened a boutique personal training studio.
ahhh memories.

:)

M.

4/29/2008 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home