MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, March 26, 2007

Jimmy Moore Tells All About His Low-Carb Diet Weight Loss On Atlanta Radio Show


My interview with "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy" Sunday was so much fun

One of the unique opportunities that I have the pleasure of doing from time to time is appearing as a guest or feature in various media outlets. I've had the privilege of being interviewed in various places across the country on television, radio, blogs, newspapers, and the like so much now that I actually feel comfortable doing this format extemporaneously with no preparation whatsoever. When you live it, then it just flows out of you naturally.

So how about it, Maury Povich? Regis Philbin? Jay Leno? Oprah Winfrey? I've got a real story to tell and rest assured "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Man" will certainly keep it entertaining for you, I can promise you that! :D

I guess people are intrigued by characters like Jimmy Moore who successfully lose half their weight and then keep it off for good. That's exactly why the Atlanta, GA-based "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy" radio show interviewed me on Sunday night. What's funny is I almost didn't make it on the show because I forgot to call in at the appointed time. OOPS! My Internet service provider was acting funny all day on Sunday (Charter was offline for nearly eight hours!) and my day was totally thrown off as a result.

So I was sitting in my living room around 7:15pm Sunday night right in the middle of watching the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" (wickedly funny film that is totally worth the price of admission just to see Meryl Streep in the lead role--GET THE DVD!) when my phone rings with a frantic person on the other end asking "Where are you?" After a couple of seconds of wondering who in the world was asking me that question, I bopped my head like the V-8 commercials and said, "Oh yeah, the interview. Sorry! I'm ready to go, though!"

Seconds later, I was on WGSR-AM in Atlanta LIVE with Dr. Adam Shafran (aka "Dr. Fitness") and Lee Kantor (aka "The Fat Guy"). They also had in the studio a model and actress who simply goes by the name of Kathie. She just finished work as body double for Alyssa Milano in a commercial and her feet and legs appear in a lot of advertisements you have seen. Check out her amazing reality show called "Real Savvy Moms" which she just completed filming last week in New York.

Listen NOW to the replay podcast of the entire March 25, 2007 episode of my appearance on "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy" by CLICKING HERE. My segment is the first one after their opening monologue. You'll hear them say they "hope" Jimmy Moore will be coming up after the break. That's because I freaked them out by not calling on time. Mea culpa!

What an awesome show it was and they made it engaging, entertaining, and a downright good time! These guys definitely know how to have fun and now have me longing to find some co-hosts to join me on my own podcast show now. Probably won't happen, but I guess you could call me the doctor fitness and former fat guy all rolled into one now. :D

The questions they hurled my way were quite intriguing and I was all-too-happy to share openly and honestly (as I always try to do!) about my experiences livin' la vida low-carb. In fact, at one point during the interview, they asked so many questions in a row that I completely forgot the question and asked, "Now what was the original question again?" Hee hee! I suppose that happens when you get three people all asking the guest to talk. Nevertheless, I did my best!

They describe my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog as "the best blog in the low-carb world...the one stop shop for all things low-carb." COOL! THANKS guys! And they couldn't get over my former fettish for Little Debbie snack cakes which I went into great detail explaining as well as my previous Coca-Cola addiction before my nearly 200-pound weight loss. Listen to the show and hear all the dirty secrets about my life as a 400+ pound slob of a man.


The hosts of "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy" hard at work behind the mike

Be sure to visit their popular podcast show, the companion blog (which they asked for my advice about improving since mine is so successful), and the official web site for "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy." What amazing resources for people living a healthy lifestyle and I was privileged to be a part of their fantastic show.

They were so thrilled by my energetic presentation about livin' la vida low-carb that I was invited back for another interview in the future. We will DEFINITELY have to do that (maybe when I release my next book...very soon!). Let me know what you thought of the interview and be sure to let "Dr. Fitness And The Fat Guy" know how much we appreciate their willingness to host a low-carber on their program. :) Send them feedback by e-mailing them today. THANK YOU!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Dungan said...

Enjoyed the podcast Jimmy!

3/27/2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger renegadediabetic said...

Enjoyed the interview.

I also listened to Dr. Katz's interview just for grins. He said that if you get the sweet taste, you will be satisfied and cited a case of someone losing weight eating just Snicker bars. What a contrast with your interview. And what a crock of you-know-what. Sugar and sweets didnt' satisfy me. The high-carb eating only left me with insatiable cravings. Now that I've cut out sweets (except for sugar free), I am more satisfied and have fewer cravings. I have driven over those "bridges" and I can tell from personal experience which one is sound.

3/27/2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Kevin M. said...

These guys are fun, but the slight tone of incredulity and incomprehension in their voices as you told your story said more about them than their words. Plus the fact that you were followed by the anti-low carb Dr. Katz, and his own laughable diet, whom the host oohed and aahed over because "he went to Yale, he must really be smart". They called you the "real deal" because you actually lost some weight, and Dr.Katz the "real, real deal" just becuase he was a doctor, and he wrote a textbook of lies. It is important that we give Dr. Katz his equal time, but unfortunately the only good points he made about obesity were generic and general knowledge.

I believe it is always a bad sign when interviewers ignore the actual diet message and jump right to "motivation" as the only real possible reason someone has lost weight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the question of "when did you decide to start losing weight, or what made you decide to start" is a completely misleading one. The reason you started losing weight is because you started doing low-carb, you had already been dieting for years. Low-carb is simply the only effective diet you had ever found. However, most interviewers will do their best to avoid the actual low-carb message and spend most of their time discussing your "amazing motivation and drivenness" or having you relive your particular embarassing story of "what made you lose weight". I know you are a driven person, but that is certainly not primarily why your weight loss succeeded, if you don't mind my saying so.

Your motivation came from the fact that low-carb was so amazingly effective. Anyone can be "driven" to starve themself, as you once did, but that has nothing to do with why low-carb was so effective for you. This is the same distraction tactic used by all those misguided researchers who ignore the actual diet and focus only on "sustainability" as the "key" to dieting success, including the mis-educated Dr. Katz. This is missing the point, intentionally or not, and these shallow interviewers need to be held to your message.

I guess it's a positive development that someone is allowing your message equal time to the Dr. Katzes of the world.
But the only real change in mindset will come from the research.

3/27/2007 8:22 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Intriguing observations, Kevin. I will certainly try to work in the answer that it was LOW-CARB that made the weight loss and then weight maintenance happen for me. Although my strong determination got me through some tough moments, it was the ease of the new lifestyle change that I implored that made me successful.

THANKS for your insights. Fascinating!

3/27/2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home