MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Jimmy's One-Minute Low-Carb Chocolate Delight

I was playing around in the kitchen yesterday and stumbled upon a low-carb chocolate dessert recipe that should fit within ANYBODY'S low-carb plan. If you need a quick chocolate fix on your low-carb diet, then this will do the trick! ENJOY!

JIMMY'S ONE-MINUTE LOW-CARB CHOCOLATE DELIGHT

1 50mL bottle of your favorite flavor of DaVinci Syrups (I used Irish Cream!)
1-2 Tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa (I LOVE Special Dark!)
1-2 packets of your favorite sweetener (You can use Splenda, but I used erythritol in my recipe!)


Gather all of your ingredients and a small bowl and spoon.



Pour the DaVinci Syrup into the bowl.



Next scoop out 1-2 Tablespoons of the cocoa. Use more to make it thicker or less for a thinner consistency.



Then add your sweetener. Erythritol worked great for my recipe, but so will Splenda, stevia, or any other artificial sweetener that you love.



Stir this yummy concoction slowly with a spoon. If you do it too fast, the cocoa will spill on the counter.



Be sure to break up any bubbles or pockets of the cocoa so that it all gets thoroughly drenched. Otherwise, you could get some unsweetened cocoa in your mouth which isn't very pleasant! :S



After about 30 seconds of stirring, scraping the sides of the bowl often, you should have a nice smooth, velvety chocolate mixture that resembles melted chocolate. Ooh la la!



Oh, man, just look at that--it'll make you slap your momma silly, I'm telling you. But now it's time for the taste test...



Mmmmmm...did I die and go to chocolate heaven or what?! WOO WEE, that's so good! I even got some dribbling down my bottom lip. Hee hee!

What pray tell is the nutritional lowdown on this decadent chocolate dessert? This is the BEST part:

FAT--.5g
CARBS--2-3g (depending on your sweetener)
CALORIES--40

If you just have to have something quick that's a little sweet and chocolately to eat when you are livin' la vida low-carb, then this stuff is da BOMB!

For a twist on the dessert eaten at room temperature, try microwaving it for 15-20 seconds for a luscious hot melted chocolate or freezing it for a fudge-like consistency. Play around with it using different DaVinci syrups and sweeteners until you find something that suits your tastes.

I promise you it's good. Let me know what you think about it if you try it! ;)

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for those low-carb plans that count sugar alcohols, the carb count of that treat is

CARBS 7-11

(3 g carb per T of cocoa;
1 g carb per packet;
1 g carb per 15 ml serving of Davinci (rounding up instead of down on the sugar alcohol content))

6/12/2007 6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Re: the previous comment - there are no sugar alcohols in the DaVinci's syrup. It is made with liquid sucralose, which is 0 carb. If the sauce is sweetened with liquid sucralose instead of powdered sweetener, then the only carbs come from the cocoa powder. My box of cocoa says that 1 tbs of cocoa powder is 3 gms carbs, 1 gm fiber, so the entire recipe made with 0 carb sweetener would have 6 gms carbs, 4 net. Made with powdered Splenda or stevia, figure another couple of gms carbs for the entire recipe.

DaVinci's chocolate sauce is made with maltitol, but it is quite different from the regular DaVinci's syrups.

Jimmy, it looks like a great recipe to me. You might want to add a touch of vanilla and a pinch of salt to bring out the chocolate flavor. And if you can take a few more carbs, a little peanut butter would make it even better. Or even a touch of mint. Or some orange flavoring. Might have to go experiment.

6/13/2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

I think I'm going to try this. Sounds interesting.

6/15/2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

It's quick, easy, low-calorie, and low-carb, Aimee! What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, it's DELICIOUS, too! ;)

6/15/2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Mese said...

I really wanted to like this but....YUCK!

Got anything else I can try? I would like a low fat low carb style dessert. I'm doing Kimkins!

6/16/2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

If it's "YUCK" to you, Jamesia, then try adding more sweetener. :)

6/16/2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Jimmy,

I absolutely love this recipe. I too am doing Kimkins (as you may recall) and I have used this several times this week as a meal replacement (seriously see below).

My only comment is that you have to use 1 T cocoa and liquid sweetener without carbs to get the 3 gram per serving count. Since DaVinci syrups I bought came in huge 750mL bottles I use 1/8 cup syrup, 1 T of cocoa and 5 drops liquid stevia and comes to the 3 carbs. I use vanilla syrups and it's really great. It has saved me countless calories three times this week since it only has 20 calories in it. When I ate it and drank some water or diet soda with it I wasn't hunger enough to have a meal for hours!

Paul

7/14/2007 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home