MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, June 28, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 64: Dr. Scott Rigden Recommends Low-Carb Diet


Dr. Scott Rigden says low-carb is PERFECT for the "carb-sensitive"

It's sad that today is my 8th and final podcast interview with a bariatric physician from the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP) obesity conference in Nashville, Tennessee last month. But Dr. Scott Rigden out of Chandler, Arizona brings an end to the series of interviews with a bang by promoting livin' la vida low-carb as a means for weight loss and improved health.

In case you missed any of the previous ASBP interviews, here they are:

- Dr. Mary Vernon
- Dr. Denise Bruner
- Dr. Eric Westman
- Dr. Kurt Kraft
- Dr. Joan Temmerman
- Dr. Larry Richardson
- Dr. Mike Kennedy

Tune in today and learn from Dr. Rigden in Episode 64 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore":

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 64 [16:46m]: Play in Popup | Download

As a long-time bariatric physician over the past three decades, Dr. Rigden has seen all the weight loss trends come and go. But when it comes down to a healthy dietary approach to dealing with obesity, he knows that the low-carb lifestyle fits the bill and will help the overweight and obese shed the pounds and get their life back!

Try all FIVE ways to listen to "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show":

1. Visit the official web site at TheLivinLowCarbShow.com
2. Subscribe at iTunes
3. Sign up at our RSS feed
4. Get updates by e-mail at the official web site
5. Call (818) 688-2763 and listen to us via PodLinez

Do you have any reaction to Dr. Rigden's weight loss approach? It's very methodical and purposeful to treat the cause rather than the symptom. Tell me what you think about Dr. Rigden today.

Now that the bariatric physicians interviews are done, we'll be getting back to topical-based podcast shows on Mondays and Thursdays again. Let me know if there are any specific issues you would like for me to address in future podcasts and we'll do our best to get to those. E-mail me your suggestions at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Incidentally, I have been invited to the ASBP obesity conference in Las Vegas, Nevada this fall, so perhaps we'll have more interviews to share again later this year. Plus, I have a few surprise interviews in store for you in the coming months...KEEP LISTENING! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog for a few days (I've read a couple weeks' worth so far), as well as some of your conversations over at amazon, and I've noticed that "pizza" seems to be some sort of "evil" food. Now don't get me wrong, I know it can be quite high in carbs, depending on prep, and almost definitely the pizzeria varieties. Now, I'm not all that crazy about the dough/crust, as that's mostly just a way to hold it for me. I tend to eat the toppings and toss the 'bread'. What I was wondering was if there are any recipes out there with negligible (let's say 3g or less per slice) carbs, but yet still taste similar to the real thing. Pizza is my only carb-weakness, so it's not like I'm addicted or anything, but it's nearly impossible to stop at a reasonable amount with the modern high-carb varieties of pizza currently available. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I can't really do the 'specialty' lo-carb ingredients thing, and my oven is pretty much shot, so I'm hoping to find a way to get the pizza TASTE without all the unnecessary carbs, but for an estimated cost of let's say no more than $10 total per "large pizza". Any ideas? Perhaps a chowder or something that tastes similar... anything... I love my pizza but the carbs just don't work! P.S. -- I've listened to about 4 of your podcasts so far, and I like the format, but your time limit seems so short :( Twice a week is nice though, since I know you really can't spare all that much time for them! I've been livin' la vida lo-carb for about 5 years now, but pizza has ALWAYS been my weakness, so that's why I'm posting this. Also, I get the impression you're not all that big on artificial sweeteners, but the phenylalanine in the aspartame I consume helps regulate my seratonin problem. I'm also curious about your opinion of sucralose (Splenda™). I've heard that your body processes it into a chemical found in many pesticides, so I've always limited my consumption, but it's so hard to find good, reliable information on just about ANYHTING health-related these days, especially without seeing a "this statement has not been evaluated by the FDA" warning. Screw the FDA! I want facts, studies, etc! Keep up the good work, Jimmy!

~AC in PA~

6/28/2007 11:33 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey AC,

WELCOME to my blog and CONGRATULATIONS on your low-carb success. I too LOVE LOVE LOVE pizza, but you just learn to live with alternatives. My favorite is to make it at home with No Sugar Added Hunt's spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and on top of a delicious Francis Simun Bakery pizza crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or microwave for 3-4 minutes...mmmmm!

As for artificial sweeteners, I LOVE Splenda and am growing to enjoy stevia, too. But NASTY-tame (my affection term for aspartame) does a number on me in high quantities. Whatever helps get you through the day, I say, but Splenda and stevia are better options IMHO!

I'm proud of you, buddy, and honored to have you among my readers! SEE YA and comment anytime!

6/29/2007 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home